FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham near Bognor 22nd April 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Is there something you want to share with us Miranda?

:whistle:

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I had two Mick D's on the previous list. One of them should have been Miranda S. It came about as I was cross-refencing the CC list, which had got a bit ahead of the spreadsheet. I must have copied down rather than copied across, or something.

I'm bound to admit that sometimes the noms d'internet get the better of me. There's two Charlie B's, and I can never remember which one is the little android from Star Wars and which one eats chocolate - or perhaps one of them is both, and the other Charlie B is a mysterious shadowy figure. It doesn't help that they're both such smiley happy chaps.

In a better world they'd be riding a tandem.

I had two Mick D's on the previous list. One of them should have been Miranda S. It came about as I was cross-refencing the CC list, which had got a bit ahead of the spreadsheet. I must have copied down rather than copied across, or something.

I'm bound to admit that sometimes the noms d'internet get the better of me. There's two Charlie B's, and I can never remember which one is the little android from Star Wars and which one eats chocolate - or perhaps one of them is both, and the other Charlie B is a mysterious shadowy figure. It doesn't help that they're both such smiley happy chaps.

In a better world they'd be riding a tandem.

That's hilarious! Great to see the noms d'internet are keeping you on your toes! And great to see that this is the place for smiley, happy peeps!

Now, where's my bike
M
:bicycle:

Can someone explain why these are used? Should I adopt one that is extremely obscure? What is the point of them?

(Obviously, mine is a complicated one to understand)

It's just a name Martin - or Brice (you may be French for all I know). Some folk are scared of the cast their own shadow makes on the floor, in case something about them is revealed - a public internet forum ditto. a username conceals things - a bit.
It's also one-upmanship to correspond with people in real name terms, whilst the majority remain in the demi-darkness of anonimity, with names like TimO, TimH, DesO, (although he has been injured and we haven't seen much of desolately...).

Besides, if I wrote Martin Flack on here, as a user name, the cops would find me, and I would have to 'fess up', but implicate Fingers Frank at the same time, which would do no good for the bonhomie of the Saturday morning drinks parties - in fact, it would be Frank incensed.

I'd go for 'obscure' if I were you, which, luckily, you're not. :smile:

Have fun!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Can someone explain why these are used? Should I adopt one that is extremely obscure? What is the point of them?

(Obviously, mine is a complicated one to understand)
it's because we don't want stalkers. Like the chap outside your window.

frank9755

Cyclist
It's so that people who have committed great sins in their lives are able, just for a short while, to escape to a fantasy world where their reputation remains unsullied.

You have no heinous crimes to escape from? OK, Martin Brice it is then!

frank9755

Cyclist
What about those virtuous persons who take refuge behind a nom de keyboard for the purpose of escape to a more rakish world?

Anyone in mind...?

Disclaimer.
This message does not represent a binding commitment to produce a witty remark either now or in the future. Wit cannot be produced on demand. No beer shall be owed to any other party as a result of perceived or alleged failure to deliver wit on demand.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
For those perverse souls who like to go that tiny bit further on our journeys and get wet, it appears that, along with Southend, Bognor has better bathing water than both Brighton and Whitstable. Obviously in the case of Southend the water is not a little further but almost as far again.
Don't. The scars from the last skinnydipping episode have yet to heal.

Top Bottom