FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend-on-Sea 9th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gooner Mad Dog

Hi we spoke at the do in Farringdon last Friday. Tynan explained the whole night ride concept that night as I stood there open mouthed... I quite fancy doing one sometime but one question I didnt get around to asking was once you get to destination, have eaten recovered and rested what happens then? Cycle back??? :wacko: please enlighten me cheers....

wanda2010

Guru
Am now dithering. Singlespeed or gears for tonight? Help!

My extreme cold weather gloves collected from the sorting office are huge (man size small), made in Finland. Will test them on the ride home from work (on the SS), even though the sun is out now :blush:

mmmmartin

Random geezer
once you get to destination, have eaten recovered and rested what happens then? Cycle back??? :wacko: please enlighten me cheers....
All FNRttC things end near a railway station with good connections back to London. Riders tend to wander off in dribs and drabs and get the trains home during the course of the day. The forums here are usually full of folk who have bought tickets on the cheap. Groupsave tickets are good value. Some people ride home: these are the SMRbtH. I have ridden home, it's not too hard actually. You actually feel really good after a night on the bike and a huge breakfast. Even to think of driving home is well out of order, so don't. Read ALL of this: http://fnrttc.blogspot.com/

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Sorry I can't be with you on this ride, but work at 07.00 in the morning gets in the way. Anorak on, For those who may be interested or curious, 70000 Brittania (steam) will be leaving Southend Central at 09.34 with a train for Winchester. Just thought I'd mention it.:blush:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I have just got in Greg, and it is as mild as a mild thing out there. MTFU is an acronym alert...Buttsbury Schmuttsbury - bring it on...and let the day break on Southend. I'll bring my work bike - or maybe not..or perhaps the other one without mudguards; or the one with...oh, whatever - I'll not get in a Stu over it. :santa:
A bike, a bimble and a (train ride then a ) beer. What's so difficult about that?

Hooray! Lovin the avatar...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Brrrrr, just done the office post and its brrrrrrr!!!

Please, as Dell'sed many a times, please check tyres, I do get very cold waiting at the back for p*fairy fixes! Ta!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Have a great ride everyone, I'm so sad I won't be there :cry: It's going to be icy, so please stay safe, extra long johns and hip flasks are de rigueur - and no racing!

I'll be spending the evening in a nice warm bar, so I'll raise a glass to you all ... :cheers:

I do seriously wonder why I am not doing the same a lot of the time...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Wet roads and mercury dropping under clear skies down here in Sussex. Stay safe, I'll MTFU some other time. Probably on a WC Downhill course in the Aps.

Enjoy.

Top Bottom