FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Southend on Sea June 29th - the Genteel Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well, what happened Friday night, was one of sheer passion reigniting enjoyment. I am a big believer of simplicity, even though my mind tries hard to complicate, but this ride, was simplicity beautiful.

I guess, one of the reasons I do these rides, is for the feeding off the enjoyment of others to rekindle the fire. And this was no exception.

Many of us regulars, will think nothing of cycle that kind of distance. And likewise the feeling for the same in then doing such so, through the night. We know the drill and more often than not, we get wet, such is mother natures temperance this year. But hey, I don't think its killed any of us or not been shortly forgotten under yellow and brown refreshment consumption. In fact, it adds to the excitement I find. The 'who's going to get wet' jibes. The 'who's going to pack a backpack full of stuff and a dingy' talk, to get us through to the sights of our blue yonder. I know CharlieB and I laugh in the face of wet weather.. and I know with just three back pockets, the best waterproofing is a hipflask. And for some others, Sandals..

But no, this ride for me, was fantastic for the sumptuous happy smiley new folk with their dogged determination to succeed and push their bodies like never before, for, I guess them the satisfaction and high of attaining such, what many of us understate, a fantastic achievement. Doing the impossible. We are unique and special and this high of happiness breeds. I am quite sure, many of these faces will still be smiling now. And so if I can be of any good to my own internal happiness from the mundaneness of normal life and its woes, helping such folk to realize does me wonders. It really does.

So for all those newbies, if I can call you that, you did brilliantly and kept me going too. So thank you and an almighty well done! You would not get me on a BSO and so the last lady at the end whose name I never obtained, but that I hope McWobble and I, despite my continual lies of 'there's no more hills after this one', did our best to guide to breakfast, well, that was an awesome feat, really was. Gritted steely and quiet determination. Love it.

I may be, as so fondly honoured the 'Chef D'affairs', but I am merely part of a great team of many unnamed and unrewarded fellow cyclists that keep us all going, including me. I like what I do a lot, a hell of a lot and so what I offer is minimal in the scheme is things but great for the good of the ride. I guess I just simply love cycling and especially love cycling with you all.

Am no TC with the written word, but as she was dearly missed, I have swallowed a dictionary and done my best to reward a simply great ride.

Baring Titus's very unfortunate mechanical, all was well, nothing to report. Which left me to be snap happy on the old dog and bone. I've tampered with it, but have a photo, whats rare for me!

Toodle pip!

AwoeY2ACAAAB4b3.jpg:large
Incredibly eloquent Davy. Now can we have the real Davy back in time for the write up of Dieppe: "Feck, girls, drink" :laugh:

ianmac62

Guru
I have loved reading and re-reading these posts / photos / video and came across one or two other photos on my phone:

IMGP4937.JPG

IMGP4938.JPG

IMGP4940.JPG

IMGP4942.JPG

Well, what happened Friday night, was one of sheer passion reigniting enjoyment. I am a big believer of simplicity, even though my mind tries hard to complicate, but this ride, was simplicity beautiful...
Good stuff Davy! First you go shopping in Toys-R-Us for your new bike, and now you have branched out into traditional descriptive, passionate prose. Next you'll be measuring your legs in inches!
Lovely. Well done. Next stop; to publish a book of your next Summer Tour in the South of France; "Barring Me Canicules" :smile:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012

zigzag

Veteran
it was a great joy to be a part of this ride! comunity spirit, flawless organisation, happy faces when they should be asleep, fun and geeky conversations ("what can raspberry pi do"), the sunrise, the coast and the breakfast - what's a better way to spend a night?! thanks to Simon and his ever so helpful team for making these rides delightful as they are. also thank you to the fellow riders for the kind words above - it's been great riding with you; take care and see you on the road hopefully soon!

dontcallme

Completed my first ride with you guys. Really enjoyed it and impressed that I completed it with a smile on my face the entire time. Definitely going to look out for the future rides.

Thanks to everyone who helped organise the event.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 1916052, member: 1314"]Cheers, Remus Rimas. All the best, brave athlethes are humble and kind as you are. You're cool as.[/quote]

FTFY you berk...:thumbsup:

[QUOTE 1916073, member: 1314"]Sorry Rimas![/quote]
Uncle Rimas to you, User...you 'Fixed wheel hankie'. :smile:
(And the poxy rain continues to gush down on the painted roads of London...)

Top Bottom