FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast - Whitstable, 15th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Or take the circle line to Baker Street, Metropolitan to Chesham, ride to Berkhampsted or Tring Station and get the train north from there.

ianmac62

Guru
Wow! Thanks for these suggestions. The three of you are far more imaginative than I've been. I'm now thinking that I can avoid further pedalling altogether, if I wish, by taking FCC from St Pancras to Bedford and then London Midland from Bedford via Bletchley to Northampton. (And, yes, there's a service from Whitstable via Faversham to St Pancras on that day - thanks, @Andrij ) I'm also studying the various train companies' cycle carrying policies; I'm feel I'm now at post-doctoral level.

Wow! Thanks for these suggestions. The three of you are far more imaginative than I've been. I'm now thinking that I can avoid further pedalling altogether, if I wish, by taking FCC from St Pancras to Bedford and then London Midland from Bedford via Bletchley to Northampton. (And, yes, there's a service from Whitstable via Faversham to St Pancras on that day - thanks, @Andrij ) I'm also studying the various train companies' cycle carrying policies; I'm feel I'm now at post-doctoral level.

I did think of mentioning the other options, but of course that means less cycling and higher cost. Perhaps you could construct a graph plotting extra miles required to be cycled against train fare costs, to arrive at an optimal solution?

U

User10571

I'm likely to be cycling back across the marshes to Faversham to catch an HS1 back to STP.
Thing is, I may be a while....
I have house calls to make in Whizzy Belle

I was thinking more along the lines of that scene, in "When Harry met Sally"...........

Top Bottom