FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 19 April, 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's open. The guide starts here http://fnrttc.blogspot.co.uk/
and the he how-to on registration is here http://fnrttc.blogspot.co.uk/p/fridays_06.html

depart York Minster at midnight, roll down to Goole and then on to the Bay Horse at Garthorpe for a 3 am snack, then across the river to Flixborough and over the Humber Bridge to Hull. Breakfast at Cafe Pasaz. The relaxed rhythm makes this is a dreamsome kind of ride - you can be trundling along in your own world or chatting to the person next to you, but either way, the time seems to melt a bit - particularly in the first half. The Humber Bridge is a thrill, and Hull is a much more attractive town than I had thought it to be.

Cheap train tickets to York are available now, but the return tickets from Hull won't drop in price for a week or so.

So far we've got

Miranda S
Susie F
Kim W
Jenny M
Marcus C
Peter W
Martin T
Andrew Br
Sonia W
Martin B
Andrew F
Olaf S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Phil P
Vernon L

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Me please :smile:

Oh and if anyone fancies a ride back to York in the morning I'm intending to do so again so you are welcome to join me :smile:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Email sent. Anyone want to ride up from London or back from Hull, please let me know.

Will be leaving London at around 7am on the Friday morning.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
email sent.
to repeat what is elsewhere, in case anyone interested missed it:
I am on the 8pm. On arrival I plan to go to Pizza Express for a meal, it's out of the railway station in York, left, and along the road a bit over the bridge and on the right.
And I plan to ride back to London after a kip in the Ibis hotel (paid £26 for a room), as I did last year. Departure probably about 10pm on Saturday night, arriving at Sawbridgeworth station near Stansted, which is 300k from the Ibis hotel (or it was last year, anyway). I'll be riding the route of LEL.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Yes please DZ.
I'll let you know about the "others".
The proposed reccy is on an Audax Weekend so I'll have to see how brave I'm feeling.

ETA: the "others" means MCR peeps, not rides. I'll be in touch about further rides nearer the time.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On a rather less ambitious note, I may be riding North from Hull in the morning towards Driffield - about 25 miles.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Email sent. Anyone want to ride up from London or back from Hull, please let me know.

Will be leaving London at around 7am on the Friday morning.

Its in my diary to take the Friday and possibly the Monday off work. I need to build up my mileage so will know in about a months time the whats and ifs etc.. No email sent yet as its all ifs and buts still.. but its tentative..

martint235

Dog on a bike
Its in my diary to take the Friday and possibly the Monday off work. I need to build up my mileage so will know in about a months time the whats and ifs etc.. No email sent yet as its all ifs and buts still.. but its tentative..
You know you want to Davy. It'll be fun. We may even have time for some beers in Hull. It will be just like Dieppe!

wanda2010

Guru
Me please! Email sent.

Wanders off to book train ticket. Pizza pre-ride also mmmmmmartin.

Edit: Now booked on the 8pm train.

BigGee

This was a great ride last year, probably the only time I have ever riden below sea level!

So yes please as well, e-mail just sent.

I am planning on cycling up as well, but on the thursday not the friday as I have some friends near Hull who I can catch up with and stay with. This will be my first 200 miler and prudence would suggest I might need a rest afterwards before the overnighter.

Seeing old friends and a great bike ride, just about the perfect weekend really!

Top Bottom