FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 19 April, 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Birmingham to Hull now down to about £26 on CrossCountry

U

User10571

Thanks Shaun.
I'd like to do this ride.
I've no idea, at this point, whether I'll be available.
Please add my name to the list, regardless.
I'll make it up as I go along from there....
JB

EDIT: Email sent

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
National Rail pricing remains as bonkers as ever. Ticket up, Fratton to York, £38 advance fare with one ticket. Coming back on the Sunday (will be staying with the mates in Tollerton), direct fare £117 (!). Only cheapo option yet on sale- Grand Central to KX: £21.60. And I decided to save myself a few quid and go for Southern rather than SWT, so Victoria-Fratton for a fiver.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Ah, the familiar sinking feeling when looking at advance fares! Yes, Brum to York is giving me Silly Prices at the moment, either direct, via Manchester or Nottingham. But getting to Nottingham's only £7.

Hmmm. that gives me a silly/cunning plan (I've not decided which yet) - how difficult would it be to cycle from Nottingham? Are any of you nutters who are planning on cycling up from London going by Nottingham by any chance?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ah, the familiar sinking feeling when looking at advance fares! Yes, Brum to York is giving me Silly Prices at the moment, either direct, via Manchester or Nottingham. But getting to Nottingham's only £7.

Hmmm. that gives me a silly/cunning plan (I've not decided which yet) - how difficult would it be to cycle from Nottingham? Are any of you nutters who are planning on cycling up from London going by Nottingham by any chance?
I'll be aiming to go through Bingham (about 10 miles east of Nottingham) at around 4-5pm. From there, it's about 80 miles into York. Timings may not be massively accurate!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Miranda S
Susie F
Kim W
Jenny M
Marcus C
Peter W
Martin T
Andrew Br
Sonia W
Martin Br
Andrew F
Olaf S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Phil P
Vernon L
Jane D
Mark L
Dave L
Simon P
Cate R
Grahame D
Tim D
Andrew Bu
Stuart A
Darrell W
Andrew C
Christine H
User10571 B

mmmmartin

Random geezer
a tenner all the way to london, no changes. get in quick.

(i am riding back with Tim so not after tickets).

I just bought one. I'm on the 13.30: straight through to Kings Cross.. That's quite a relief as I was struggling to find a cheap route back.

U

User10571

Cheap(ish) tickets acquired (still no idea whether I'll be able to go ????) Travelling up in the afternoon, decided to pay a visit to NRM seeing as I've never been. No idea how I'm going to kill 6 hrs between 18:00. when the locos are put to bed, and 00:00.
Any suggestions?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Cheap(ish) tickets acquired (still no idea whether I'll be able to go ????) Travelling up in the afternoon, decided to pay a visit to NRM seeing as I've never been. No idea how I'm going to kill 6 hrs between 18:00. when the locos are put to bed, and 00:00.
Any suggestions?
go to church. Seriously. The Minster is awesome.

Top Bottom