FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 19 April, 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sigh. Sometimes life plays tricks on you. If I am made redundant on March 31 I shall hand back my £4,000 a year season ticket (because I won't need it to get to work) to get some money back. This means my ticket to York will be invalid because I won't have with me the Annual Gold Card that gave me a tiny discount when I bought it. So I'll have to buy another ticket. Since buying the first ticket, prices have gone up. Sigh.

But on a brighter note, I shall be A Pensioner. Does this mean I will automatically get a Dicky Bladder? And be as fast as Gordon? (And StuartG can just shut up right now, before he starts, about his bloody bus pass, which I don't get until I am 63 at least).

Sigh. Sometimes life plays tricks on you. If I am made redundant on March 31 I shall hand back my £4,000 a year season ticket (because I won't need it to get to work) to get some money back. This means my ticket to York will be invalid because I won't have with me the Annual Gold Card that gave me a tiny discount when I bought it. So I'll have to buy another ticket. Since buying the first ticket, prices have gone up. Sigh.

Annual Gold cards only give a Network Card discount ie just within the South East, so don't cover trips to York. You should find the actual tickets don't make any reference to a card discount.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Annual Gold cards only give a Network Card discount ie just within the South East, so don't cover trips to York. You should find the actual tickets don't make any reference to a card discount.
+1 (recently checked out season ticket prices etc myself).

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Beer? I thought this was training for LEL? Will there be beer on LEL? If so, my abstinence as part of training might be the wrong method...

OTOH if you get well boozed up I might be able to keep up with you......

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Adam B
Andrew Br
Andrew Bu
Andrew C
Andrew F
Cate R
Christine H
Darrell W
Dave L
Grahame D
Jane D
Jenny M
User10571 B
Kim W
Marcus C
Mark L
Martin Br
Martin T
Miranda S
Olaf S
Peter W
Phil P
Rebecca O
Simon P
Sonia W
Stuart A
Susie F
Tim D
Vernon L
Dave J
Paul H

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Due to my big fat bail last year I was really looking forward to actually completing the ride this year but unfortunately the date clashes with my friend arriving from Belgium on the Saturday. Gutted!

Snail Bait

2283604 said:
I have a very light-weight bike bag which can be rolled up tight enough to fit in a bottle cage. If anyone gets stuck for a bike reservation and could use it, let me know.
Hi Adrian. Is your offer of lending the bike bag still going. Just received my ticket from southern rail with no bike reservation. Rang them and threw my toys out of the pram. Got me nowhere but I felt better for a whole thirty seconds. Cate

mmmmartin

Random geezer
I was in the same position last year but "chatted" to east coast trains online and obtained a bike place. But tbh a bit of dismantling and a roll of cling film andparcel tape will see you right.

Snail Bait

Southern Rail don't do bike reservations, Cate - which bit of the journey was this for? Usually on Southern trains there's plenty of space late at night, and bikes in the doorways are fine too.
Hull to London at 1030. I ticked the bike reservation option and even paid more because my original choice said no spaces were available - hence the toy throwing - but cling film or a cheap bike bag is sounding like a good option.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the Southern website has a tick-box for bike reservations. Some other websites don't. I recommend Southern because I get possibly thirty or forty e-mails a year asking about bike reservations - and I can give the same answer every time. That's not a recommendation for the company, which is run by bike-hating loons (see also Olympic Bike Ban)

Top Bottom