FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 19 April, 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

2419291 said:
You turn you back, point with one hand and hold with the other.
Or perform near a handy signpost.

IMGP5775.JPG

U

User10571

A-hem. Because I can sense the serious anxiety about this issue, and I sense that several of you will get no sleep until you know the answer, I am delighted to reassure you that pylon 4ZQ033 (L6 construction, straightline D tower with 2.35 m extension, built at 275 kV in 1969, uprated to 400 kV in 1971) has its base centre outside that bleakest kilometre square. But as the base dimensions of the pylon are about 11 m square, I think we'll find that the eastern two legs are about 3 or 4 metres insde the square. So that poor, bleak, kilometre square is not in fact denied the comfort of at least half a pylon.
I feel reassured.
If the breadth/depth of your information is accurate/authentic, it is scary.
Cyclists - weird as f**k.

swansonj

Guru
2419585 said:
Only think? We need more certainty than that.
Adrian, me old mate, don't tempt me.

Edit: there was a map here, but I deleted it 'cos I realised I could get into copyright trouble.....

U

User10571

Hello Friday nighters and cycle chatters, it's been a long time and I've had time off my bike and kind of missed it so just starting to get back into it again! I was on my way to work this morning and I thought I might be passing one of Simon's, no doubt now, world famous Friday night rides!!
Yay!
A reader!
If little else.....
Hope all is well with you MikeE.
It'd be nice to see you on the Tarmac, sometime soon.
JB

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
On this ride I mounted a GoPro camera on my seatpost, facing back. I figured that a bar mounted camera would just take pictures of people's bums, and anyway there's no more room on my bars. I set it to take a picture every 60 seconds and ran it for a while when leaving York, and then again when the sun had risen, until the battery died. The result was a few hundred photos, of which a few were worth saving.

The gallery is here: http://arf.smugmug.com/Category/FNRttC-York-Apr-2013

As I don't like to make pictures of people public without their permission I have put a (rather feeble) password on the gallery. The answer to the clue is easily found in this thread if you don't remember it. If anyone would like me to take any of the pictures down I will happily do so.

Andrew

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
Or perform near a handy signpost.

IMGP5775.JPG
No way am I carrying a "handy signpost" on my next FNRttC "just in case".
DZ has a downer on saddle bags, a sign post would surely see him off.
And, FWIW, that one points the wrong way.

On this ride I mounted a GoPro camera on my seatpost, facing back. I figured that a bar mounted camera would just take pictures of people's bums, and anyway there's no more room on my bars. I set it to take a picture every 60 seconds and ran it for a while when leaving York, and then again when the sun had risen, until the battery died. The result was a few hundred photos, of which a few were worth saving.

Great idea. Although I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed i do not feature in your gallery. ;)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty

The gallery is here: http://arf.smugmug.com/Category/FNRttC-York-Apr-2013

As I don't like to make pictures of people public without their permission I have put a (rather feeble) password on the gallery. The answer to the clue is easily found in this thread if you don't remember it. If anyone would like me to take any of the pictures down I will happily do so.

Andrew
I'd love the fourth one for the blog!

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Hello Friday nighters and cycle chatters, it's been a long time and I've had time off my bike and kind of missed it so just starting to get back into it again! I was on my way to work this morning and I thought I might be passing one of Simon's, no doubt now, world famous Friday night rides!!
Mike, welcome back. You have been missed! I saw this speeding bloke on a Condor, heard the greeting, didn't twig until Simon said it was you.
Hope we get to ride with you again some time.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Well done on your first imperial century. It was a lovely return ride and great weather too. Sorry I had to shoot off towards the end. When is your next 100+ miler?

Thanks and no worries about you shooting off. No plans yet to repeat the century. I'm not particularly bothered about milestones or targets, but this one was one of those that needed ticking off the list.

Top Bottom