FNRttC Friday Night Ride to the Coast York to Hull 9th September 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Can you please remove me from the list I have to do some work on the outside of the house before winter gets here.
Alternatively you could try and get Del to re-route the ride to include a free 3am architectural deconstruction of your abode ... we would be lost without it ...

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Alternatively you could try and get Del to re-route the ride to include a free 3am architectural deconstruction of your abode ... we would be lost without it ...

I understand you guys have some sort of fetish about bungalows

Sorry for the late entery, but can you add me to the ride.

I've been waiting for my cycling arm to come back from fixers before I entered because my spare arm is to short for long rides.
I find it hard to turn right with it on.

See you in York.

Ps: e-mail sent.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry everyone, but after agonising, and putting off the decision for ages, I'm going to withdraw. I haven't ridden more than a very very leisurely 20 miles in one day since I bailed out of the ride to Tan Hill at 50 miles. For the nicest of reasons :wub: I just haven't done any long rides this summer, and my fitness is right down (thanks to changes at work, I don't even ride the Maximus so much). I fear I would be off the back all the time, and it's not fair to have people waiting.

Next year.... (we'll be millionaires, etc).

If there's any pre-ride imbibing, I might be tempted out. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
1408015 said:
That is a shame, are you sure?

Yes, I've thought about it long and hard. I was so fed up at not finishing Tan Hill, I don't want to be fed up all over again, and I'm painfully slow on the trike, I think I'd struggle to keep a decent pace, and I haven't ridden that sort of distance on an upright for a couple of years.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Yes, I've thought about it long and hard. I was so fed up at not finishing Tan Hill, I don't want to be fed up all over again, and I'm painfully slow on the trike, I think I'd struggle to keep a decent pace, and I haven't ridden that sort of distance on an upright for a couple of years.

Echoing Adrian, that is a shame - I was looking forward to meeting you, A.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
1408018 said:
Will this be a serious lock ride or a low risk ride?
For comparison, Whitstable serious lock for both Andy's and outside The Waterfromt. Bognor low risk both at The Cabin and outside the cafe.
serious lock ride.....

CharlieB

…or Adrian, you could use the hack you rode to Southend in March…:whistle:

CharlieB

Anyone from the York locality -
As I arrive in York at about 3:30, I've planned a wee 30m circular for the afternoon out to a Cawood hostelry I know, and back. The outward route uses the B1222. This looks a fast road - is it a reasonably safe one?

This looks a fast road - is it a reasonably safe one?

Hopefully somebody more up-to-date will come along :tongue:. Fwiw, I drove it 20 years ago; it was then a quiet, gentle, slow, pleasant, country road alternative to the nasty A19.

Hmmm, I rode it a month ago on a motorbike - looks like it may have since become a popular ride for Leeds bikers, some of whom obviously have had a problem with multitasking. Braking AND steering? Naaah, not enough brain cells to cope with both those - just judging by the number of accident hazard signs and their messages.

You're doing it on a Friday though - should be quiet? Something tells me Leeds bikers have ........ "other priorities" on a Friday :whistle:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Got new batteries for lights - apart from the really little one that I don't actually need for the 3rd rear LED - check

Joined CTC - check

Informed Simon I am going & finally joined CTC - check

Figured out how to get to York - well admin/shaun is ringing t-trains tomorrow to reccy (or plan b / c / d etc.) - check

chosen bike - weather-check http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/336 well perhaps nearer the day...

get some extra miles in - did a whole 12 miles at center parcs last week (over 5 days) - check

taken half day off work to try & fail to get some sleep - check

tranzlater pack fer nen lercals - check http://www.greengates.karoo.net/hull/speak.html

awaiting instructions - check...

Shaun

Founder
Figured out how to get to York - well admin/shaun is ringing t-trains tomorrow to reccy (or plan b / c / d etc.) - check

Rang Hull Trains today and there shouldn't be any problem taking the bikes (can't book the bikes on anyway, you just turn up and hope for the best - but at that time it'll likely be just us and the driver, so not an issue ... :thumbsup: ):

Hull 20:35 - York 21:43 (15 mins. wait Selby) - 1h 08m - £18.50
Hull 20:56 - York 22:54 (50 mins. wait Doncaster) - 1h 58m - £25.00
Hull 21:33 - York 23:44 (25 mins. wait Leeds) - 2h 11m - £18.50

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

StuartG

slower but further
Good to know of the excellent if rather tardy rehydration arrangements t'other end. But what of York? (Jeez what play was that in?). I'm arriving @ 21:51 in desperate need of recarbohydrating. I got the Last Pizza in Cardiff (Jeez - who sang that?) and i wouldn't wanna miss out -Yo?

Top Bottom