Front end clicking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andsaw

After using the cannondale supersix for a week after cable snapped on other bike i have been getting loads of clicking from the headset area when im on the hoods but dont get any when on the drops, is it more likely to be the top bearing?

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Or corroded rim eyelets.

Straddle the bike and sit on the top tube. Now pull the front brake and rock forwards and backwards. Does it click or clunk?

Also, pick up the bike by the neck (stem) and rotate your wrist left and right so that the steering moves left and right. Any roughness?

Kajjal

Guru
If you have two bikes lift the front wheel and compare the steering. See if it seems smooth and not loose or rocking.

I have had this with worn out headset bearings and not tensioning the headset enough.

OP
OP
andsaw

andsaw

Well, i needed to tighten up the headset 1/8 turn but has come back after a few days and there was a slight roughness so new top bearing in first over the weekend and see what happens, but a new problem started with a more of a clunking click with every 10 past on drive side when hard pedalling but not out of the seat on a hill, really doing my head in.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Check your cranks for tightness, and check your headset bolts for torque?

Well, i needed to tighten up the headset 1/8 turn but has come back after a few days and there was a slight roughness so new top bearing in first over the weekend and see what happens, but a new problem started with a more of a clunking click with every 10 past on drive side when hard pedalling but not out of the seat on a hill, really doing my head in.
Is that a carbon bike with pressfit BB or is it alu with screw-in?

Top Bottom