Front light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puffinbilly

Veteran
Hi - just for a casual light the Halfords rechargeable lights (yes I know I was surprised too) - are excellent. I bought after reading a review on here and for £16 they are great. They are a copy of the Lezyne Micro drive and similar in output - the one negative is the holder for the front light isn't the best but easily corrected with another holder.
I have a number of lights like the Cree t6 etc and the Halfords lights don't disappoint in comparison.
http://reviews.halfords.com/4028/112288/reviews.htm

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I've got a Light and Motion Taz light. The 800, I think. It's great for night riding, even at speed.

I use a Cree T6 with a wide angle lens, less than 20 for the light and a fiver for the lens, its done two winter, I had a previous one I sort of blow up (in I left it on to test on full with no air flow to cool it and it sirt of burnt out, but not till nearly the 50 min mark), both proved reliable in use.

The Rover

Guru
My commute involves 8-9 miles of unlit country roads and when I'm on a late shift I'm usually travelling at 10pm ish and the cateye volt 300 does the job for me. Well recommended.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
This autumn winter I think I will be ditching the Chinese cheap T6 torches lasted two winters thus far but failing me on occasions . Water ingress etc and bad connections just hassle for me. Cat eye Volt seems popular it would seem and the lights from Moon as well. You don't need mega bright for unlit roads in fact I ran my torches on medium and plenty bright enough at approx 500 lumins if not less!

the_craig

Über Member
I'm looking for a light for my bike too.

I picked up a cheap pair of Bell lights from Asda to just make myself a bit more visible but the front died after about a month. And as the nights are fairly drawing in, I fancy the volt 300.

But my commute takes me on about 3 miles of rutted, potholed and unlit back roads which I tend to take at around 10-15 mph. Would the volt 300 allow me enough light to see any lumps and bumps?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I'm another fan of the Cat Eye lights @ScotiaLass - well, I would be, being a mad cat lady and all :laugh:
Jokes aside, I like the look of them and the fact that winters of deluge don't affect them. Also, I think the mounting brackets are universal for the brand, mine anyway do fit across the range.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I'm another fan of the Cat Eye lights @ScotiaLass - well, I would be, being a mad cat lady and all :laugh:
Jokes aside, I like the look of them and the fact that winters of deluge don't affect them. Also, I think the mounting brackets are universal for the brand, mine anyway do fit across the range.
I haven't bought one yet but as they say in Scotland 'The nights are fair drawin' in' so I should get my butt into gear :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've had at least three incompatible cateye mounts, but this'll be the end of them for me because the newer ones aren't sufficient for RVLR :sad:
What's RVLR stand for? Cat Eye Cube and Volt use the same handlebar fitting btw.

Think seriously about a German made light, a seemingly less powerful light from there in terms of number of lumens turns out to be actually brighter than many higher priced lights from elsewhere. They do this by having strict regulations for beam direction so almost all of the light goes where you want it and doesn't blind other road users.
Rose bikes are excellent, plus the exchange rate is very favourable at the moment as everything is priced in euros. Have a look at the Trelock range, very impressive.

Top Bottom