Front lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Plax said:
Well my Electron lights withstood the weather, although I have noticed there is a tiny drop of water on the inside of the 5w light, but it doesn't seem to have had an adverse effect and I'm hoping it'll "evaporate" shortly.

It should, given the heat the lamps give off. If not, just unscrew the front of the lamp and give it a wipe. To be honest, I've never looked at the lights too closely after wet commutes or being left in the wet. They get the fronts wiped clean and a nightly recharge - that's it.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I once posted a picture of the bike with the Smart Halogens attached (on another forum)

Someone asked me why I'd modelled my lights on a pair of breasts!?!....?:blush:

The thought was somehow comforting on those long rides home:biggrin::biggrin:

Iceniner

I went out in the dark along unlit, partially lit and then onto busy main roads with my new Busch and Muller Ixon IQ light. The light is great and as im a student its acceptable at around £60-70. I had to lead my friend, who's lights were nothing on my new toy. Great light especially on the road, i actually felt like people were taking more notice of me! As well as seeing where i was going!

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
gambatte said:
I once posted a picture of the bike with the Smart Halogens attached (on another forum)

Someone asked me why I'd modelled my lights on a pair of breasts!?!....?:biggrin:

The thought was somehow comforting on those long rides home:biggrin::biggrin:

Now struck with the image of you, racing position, elbows tucked in and wrists on the handlebars while you fondle your lights gently......

T x

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
tdr1nka said:
Now struck with the image of you, racing position, elbows tucked in and wrists on the handlebars while you fondle your lights gently......

T x

You sure you're in London??

jonesy

Guru
Plax said:
Well my Electron lights withstood the weather, although I have noticed there is a tiny drop of water on the inside of the 5w light, but it doesn't seem to have had an adverse effect and I'm hoping it'll "evaporate" shortly.
Very pleased with the light output. I've angled them to my preference etc. Only niggle was that after screwing on the brakets as tight as they would go they were a bit loose on the handlebars. This was resolved with thicker rubber things I had knocking about the house (what are they called, you know those that go round the bars first before you attach the main clamp). The bottle shaped battery pack fitted nicely in my existing bottle holder.

I'm thinking of getting something like this (or the Smart) for my Brompton, as I have a section of unlit rural road on my commute. Bromptons do have narrow handlebar tubes and not much space- anyone else any experience?

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Would you believe it, first night with the new Ay Up lights and my gear cable snaps! ;)
I have to say the lights are awesome, take seconds to fit and so light!
Put them on my lid for riding the trike and they light up everything reflective for miles ahead.

Proper road test on Wednesday night methinks!!

Stay Bright,

T x

Top Bottom