Front triple Deralieur.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I have a crude but effective way of setting up a triple that ignores all the recommendations. Set the gear lever for the outer chainring and use a suitable wooden block to hold the mech out as it would be when on that chainring. Tighten the cable and bingo IME it works every time.
That I'll try...if I fail tommorow I'm settling for a double.

That I'll try...if I fail tommorow I'm settling for a double.
Back on topic, such defeatism. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to sort your problem with help from folk on here. I solved a recent problem by fitting a bottom bracket with a 3mm longer spindle, even though strictly i think I'm using the mech out of spec.
Not saying it will be the same solution for you at all, but am sure it will be equally simple.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Back on topic, such defeatism. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to sort your problem with help from folk on here. I solved a recent problem by fitting a bottom bracket with a 3mm longer spindle, even though strictly i think I'm using the mech out of spec.
Not saying it will be the same solution for you at all, but am sure it will be equally simple.
Im confident I'll get it right,although to be honest I'm never going to use a triple on this bike really.Its more than likely going to get taken by my son who has history of bike abuse ! I'll give it another shot later on.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
All done and all working.I think maybe the deralieur isn't the best,was sticking and not springing back.Cleaned again and lubricated and now manage to get all three front rings.The limit screws do seem to be tight ? Anyway went for a ride on it and no drop chain in any gears.Itll do for now.Even managed to buy some generic hoods,5 pounds from China and got them to fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom