Front wheel "kick" when disc brake applied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
OP, check the paint on the outside of the LH dropout. The teeth on the inside of the QR body should have left clean indents in the paint. If there are signs of the teeth having shifted, your answer is a slack QR.

You are camming the QR shut so that the lever curves inwards and the word "closed" can be seen on the outside? And camming over tight enough to leave a mark on the palm of your hand?

Kajjal

Guru
My hardtail mountain does this if the QR is not tight enough on the front wheel due to the power of the hydraulic discs. As above worth checking hubs are correctly adjusted.

OP
OP
stuarttunstall

stuarttunstall

Been into Evans in York this morning and it was loose... At first he did say not that bad to cause my issue until I said I had tightened the lock nut by hand... ahh in that case it would be the problem :smile: all sorted in 5 mins, wheel back in bike and just a quick check and it does seem all good again..

Last week even pushing the bike and pulling the fron brake cause some defection but that has now gone... will be out in the morning to see if it is all good :smile:

Oh and no charge!

Evans may not be the cheapest around but in my personal opinion York are fantastic.. Good customer service as usual :smile:

Top Bottom