front wheel motor kits on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HemelChris

Just wondering if anyone's brought or can recommend one of those front wheel motor kits.
I've seen them on eBay for about £130 to £200 but have no idea if they are any good or what to look for?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Just wondering if anyone's brought or can recommend one of those front wheel motor kits.
I've seen them on eBay for about £130 to £200 but have no idea if they are any good or what to look for?

A link or two to kits you fancy would help answer the question.

As general advice, large 'pancake' direct drive motors don't perform well on ebikes.

They are quiet, and quick once wound up, but have very little torque which makes riding them a frustrating experience.

The more compact geared motors are a better bet, you won't go far wrong with something from one of the major manufacturers such as Bafang.

Woosh is a good supplier, they may not be the cheapest but they will lift the phone and answer queries which most kit builders find they have.

They are UK based, so you know where you stand in terms of delivery times and taxes, which can be uncertain if buying direct from China.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?hubkits

tommaguzzi

Über Member
yose power 35v 250w 15 amp/h battery

check my thread called comparable batteries on the ebike forum.

I have almost 2 years and 2000 miles with this conversation and no problems at all with the kit supplied.

Top Bottom