Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SheilaH

It would be useful if you could point out the damning elements?

I've only read Wiggins statement so far and whilst we have to suspend the belief that a lot of the worlds fittest people have severe chronic asthma, the failure to prosecute is all we have.

Collins is saying that the UKAD report is absolutely not an exoneration. UKAD are saying that the investigation is over because Sky and BC have not kept any records, therefore they've nothing to go on.

UKAD said they met 'resistance' from Sky/BC whilst trying to investigate.

I think you have to look at the story as a whole. It utterly stinks, and Wiggins attempt to try the 'witch hunt' and 'waste of tax payers money' line is not the response of an innocent man. It tells you that he does not want to be investigated and he' trying to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

There is a very good podcast on the cyclingnews website which really spells it out.

SheilaH

wiggins cheated the TUE system....get a grip will you

and if thats the case why aren't you saying the same about froome, who also recieved TUE's

I think Froome cheated too.

Those of us with connections know that it has been an open secret for years that Team Sky were abusing Kenacort. We were absolutely not surprised by the package story.

The ONLY reason you know about Wiggins Tues is because of the Fancy Bears hack.

Prior to that, Wiggins was telling everybody he'd never had an injection (except for holiday vaccinations)

The hack revealed him to be a liar.

I'm sensing that you havent actually followed the story closely, and don't know the details. That is understandable, as it has bern barely reported by the mass media. Try the cyclingnews podcast...its very informative.

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
I think Froome cheated too.

Those of us with connections know that it has been an open secret for years that Team Sky were abusing Kenacort. We were absolutely not surprised by the package story.

The ONLY reason you know about Wiggins Tues is because of the Fancy Bears hack.

Prior to that, Wiggins was telling everybody he'd never had an injection (except for holiday vaccinations)

The hack revealed him to be a liar.

I'm sensing that you havent actually followed the story closely, and don't know the details. That is understandable, as it has bern barely reported by the mass media. Try the cyclingnews podcast...its very informative.
Except I didn't think Froome hid his use of them early on and refused it in 2015 tour ? I maybe wrong but I've yet to see anything.to make me doubt him.Other than being a fantastic bike rider which is always going to arouse suspicion.

SheilaH

Except I didn't think Froome hid his use of them early on and refused it in 2015 tour ? I maybe wrong but I've yet to see anything.to make me doubt him.Other than being a fantastic bike rider which is always going to arouse suspicion.

You are correct in that, unlike Wiggins, he didnt try and hide the ones we know about from the FB hack.

However, the circumstances surrounding the one used for Tour de Romandie (iirc) are that he was so very ill with a chest infection that he needed a massive dose of prednisolone. He then went from being incapacitated to winning the race outright, including winning the TT and in the process beating world champion Tony Martin.

That' not bad for somebody who was so ill that he needed a huge dose of steroids ;)

In itself, whilst not a doping infringement, it looks like a bending of the rules.

Where I just can't accept Froome as being as clean as he says he is, resides in his miraculous transformation in september 2011 from a near nobody in GT terms to a consistent Tour winner or podium finisher.

I can't think of any other rider in the 35 years ive been interested in cycling who had such an utter lack of pedigree. Bilharzia doesn't account for it either, because it would have to account for the lack of results before thr bilharzia too.

I think it is no surprise that Sky will not share any of Froome's pre 2011 Vuelta data.

Gut feeling? He's a bigger cheat than Wiggins. Wiggins cut his losses after one year.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I suppose it depends on how much you believe Froome's poor performance in the first part of his career was due to the various untreated illness/parasites and that their eventual curing led to him revealing his true potential.
Presumably his medical records will one day back that up and it's not like Team Sky have ever lost any medic... oh, wait :wacko:

Adam4868

Guru
You are correct in that, unlike Wiggins, he didnt try and hide the ones we know about from the FB hack.

However, the circumstances surrounding the one used for Tour de Romandie (iirc) are that he was so very ill with a chest infection that he needed a massive dose of prednisolone. He then went from being incapacitated to winning the race outright, including winning the TT and in the process beating world champion Tony Martin.

That' not bad for somebody who was so ill that he needed a huge dose of steroids ;)

In itself, whilst not a doping infringement, it looks like a bending of the rules.

Where I just can't accept Froome as being as clean as he says he is, resides in his miraculous transformation in september 2011 from a near nobody in GT terms to a consistent Tour winner or podium finisher.

I can't think of any other rider in the 35 years ive been interested in cycling who had such an utter lack of pedigree. Bilharzia doesn't account for it either, because it would have to account for the lack of results before thr bilharzia too.

I think it is no surprise that Sky will not share any of Froome's pre 2011 Vuelta data.

Gut feeling? He's a bigger cheat than Wiggins. Wiggins cut his losses after one year.
I tend to disagree with you on the transformation argument.I think he allways had it in him (had the engine) it was just applying it.Look at the figures from when he did the vo2 test,ive not seen or heard him hide or try to hide anything.Was it Vayer or someone who started by saying he had a hidden motor in his bike,yea right.I guess im allways going to be slightly biased as i like him as a rider,i like his awkwardness on a bike ! Until i see different im going to believe that hes the best GC rider of recent times.Unfortunately in the sport of cycling winners are going to arouse suspicion,hes more than proved himself in my eyes,i hope im not wrong !

SheilaH

It's strange that he waited until quite late in his career to access this world beating 'engine'

Stranger still that he went from not being able to access It, to being able to access it within the space of a few weeks.

What are you suggesting? That he suddenly started trying?

(apologies if that sounds sarcastic btw )

I do quite enjoy watching him, now that he gives it a bit of wellies downhill, but I' under few illusions about him or his competitors

Adam4868

Guru
When did he turn professional 21/22 age, then a couple of years later he joined sky and started to show what he could do ? I dont think many people didnt think he could have won the Tour when Wiggins did.To me theres no superhuman victories,he is a great racer.Theres no miracle transformation either.

SheilaH

Well, if the bilharzia claim is true, that is treated with a single dose of drugs - how long do you think it takes to work?

Its irrelevant. How does he account for the lack of results before he contracted bilharzia?

If it was bilharzia holding him back whilst at Sky in 2010, why wasn't he a world beater before he contracted It?

SheilaH

[QUOTE 5045899, member: 43827"]Chris Froome won his first tdf at the age of 28. The average age of winners since 1967, except Armstrong and Froome, is 28. The average age of first time winners over the same period is exactly the same age as Froome was when he won for the first time.

I don't think his age gives any cause for suspicion.[/QUOTE]

Now look at the pre-win palmares of all the 3+ TdF winners and compare with Froome...

Its irrelevant. How does he account for the lack of results before he contracted bilharzia?

If it was bilharzia holding him back whilst at Sky in 2010, why wasn't he a world beater before he contracted It?
To be fair he was a "TIME TRIAL REVELATION" in the 2006 Commonwealth Games ITT according to headlines at the time.

Personally? I'm gonna give Froome and Wiggins the benefit of doubt, but would not be shocked if it was all a sham.

Top Bottom