Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
INRNG have a more in-depth ‘state of play’ article about the sorry saga here, including a decent discussion of the uses and abuses of salbutamol.

http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/#more-32655

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Cool. Which posts?

But why do you assume that the level set in the current system is correct and means that level does something? Let's wait and see what Froome proves or not.

The threads from the previous section have been moved to the new one and did the site owners ever say that the previous one was closed because "people just go round slandering people just for the sake of it"? The reasons given were a lot more basic than that.
1. I'm not your personal research analyst look for yourself
2. I never assumed they where, I just stated that's the current system we have and if that was ok to ban pettachi and Ulissi, why should it be different to froome
3. I been in the politics section and many threads on the site, that just abuse and slander people

jowwy

To answer the first bit.... Sky is who I was referring to.
To answer the rest of your rant.... you seriously are mistaking me for someone who gives a sh!t.
So why are you still here posting on the thread then

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
1. I'm not your personal research analyst look for yourself
2. I never assumed they where, I just stated that's the current system we have and if that was ok to ban pettachi and Ulissi, why should it be different to froome
3. I been in the politics section and many threads on the site, that just abuse and slander people
1. You made the claim. I think it's because these Froome-loving Wiggins-bashers don't exist on here.
2. Petacchi was not under the current system. Ulissi was given a chance to defend himself - why should it be different to Froome? If he can't rebut it, then it's OK to ban him.
3. You mean like making wild unsubstantiated claims and then posting abuse when challenged? You'd fit right in, but it wasn't really like that.

mjr

[QUOTE 5080900, member: 43827"]Sky just sold to Disney. Will Disney want to be associated with such a tainted organisation as Team Sky? Perhaps not good for their image.[/QUOTE]
Disney films may have inspired many young cyclists to try using drugs to lose weight and gain muscle:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIIzav9HIEw

jowwy

1. You made the claim. I think it's because these Froome-loving Wiggins-bashers don't exist on here.
2. Petacchi was not under the current system. Ulissi was given a chance to defend himself - why should it be different to Froome? If he can't rebut it, then it's OK to ban him.
3. You mean like making wild unsubstantiated claims and then posting abuse when challenged? You'd fit right in, but it wasn't really like that.
1. They are on here......open your eyes and you will see
2. I'm not saying froom has no right to defend himself, but then your question was about the current system and was it fit for purpose. Which I myself can't answer without sitting down with uci and doing a full performance review of the system and all involved in implementing it..........
3. I have received such levels of abuse of current and former members, but this thread isn't about substantiating those claims....

Now rather than constantly question my posts why not add something to the actual thread that's meaningful..

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Petacchi had a TUE to use it but still had to remain under the 1000mg/ml limit, so still really a valid comparison. Petacchi has called for it to be banned :laugh:
...and replaced by another treatment: "you can maybe substitute it with something else or another therapy. I felt better after I did so. It doesn’t help you anyway, only if you have an attack, it takes you up to where you before, not improving your performance."

Are any other treatments currently permitted?

Siclo

Veteran
Are any other treatments currently permitted?

All beta-2 agonists are banned (with a few exceptions subject to limits) as are cortico's in competition. Anticholinergics are permitted but most are not licensed for asthma use, theophylline is also permitted but it's not as effective as other treatments, it's also more of a preventative, being taken in pill form although can be injected for severe symptoms (so that's out), also side effects are an issue.

Short answer: Yes but not realistically

Top Bottom