Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I can believe all that, but then we still get back to the troubling issue of this one-off extraordinarily high reading - he was using the same kidneys every day, of the Vuelta and every other race. Very odd any way you slice it.

That said, I am certain this is a result of a screw up somewhere rather than a deliberate attempt to cheat. There is simply no logic for it to be anything else.
He'd have to prove a transient swing in his renal function. Detailed further analysis of the samples might do this.
For example:
- what about other constituents of the urine - if they were also double expected, then he should be cleared with an immediate apology!
- or a slightly different question, how are samples adjusted to account for dehydration?
- what about haematuria and proteinuria in the samples?- this would prove renal abnormality on that very day
- did the AAF only measure the salbutamol, or the metabolites too. Do the relative proportions support a claim of 'physiological anomaly' ?

How true this is I don't know, but ...

The UCI is reportedly considering giving four-time Tour de France champion a provisional ban following his adverse analytical finding at last year’s Vuelta for twice the permitted level of the anti-asthma drug, salbutamol.
http://road.cc/content/news/236599-uci-reportedly-considering-giving-chris-froome-provisional-ban

Here's what they should do:
lymail.co.uk%2Fi%2Fpix%2F2015%2F08%2F23%2F00%2F02EF8BC70000044D-3207500-image-a-32_1440287450015.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Seems from those twitter responses that there are quite a lot of people against him riding while the case is still ongoing

hoopdriver

Guru
Innocent until proven guilty.

In saying that, most professions would suspend you whilst investigations are made.
No one has suspended Donald Trump

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In which case (as I understand it) by not going for a voluntary suspension even if he gets a teeny tiny ban, it can not be retrospective and it will result in him forfeiting all his wins since the test.

So this would seem to be is a risky move, as well as one that seems to be unpopular with the authorities, with race organisers and with at least a few in the peloton.
And yet, the authorities still permit it, so don't really have any room to criticise it.

I suspect whether or not you prejudge it or what your prejudice is, almost everyone can agree that it is indeed an utter farking mess.

(Edited to undo an autocorrect.)

Last edited:

booze and cake

probably out cycling
LOL so when Sky said they had a no needles policy were they referring to knitting? It seems needles are totally integral to their way or working, what a shambles, burn them all.

Top Bottom