Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this a book about sky's doping policy..
upload_2018-2-12_17-2-8.jpeg

booze and cake

probably out cycling
That's the problem with Sky and the UCI, there's too many grey areas.

Brad did say this in his book 'My time'

“British Cycling have always had a no-needle policy, it’s been a mainstay of theirs; so it was something I grew up with as a bike rider. In British cycling culture, at the word ‘needle’ or the sight of one, you go, ‘Oh shoot’, it’s a complete taboo...I’ve never had an injection, apart from I’ve had my vaccinations, and on occasion I’ve been put on a drip, when I’ve come down with diarrhoea or something or have been severely dehydrated.”

And then following the Russia hack/leak it was refined to "....that only referred to illegal injections". Call me picky but no needles means no needles to me, that's black and white, but when challenged Sky cry its grey not black and white.....

The bit that jumps out above is Brad saying "....and on occasion I've been put on a drip, when I've come down with diarrhoea or something (what the hell is something exactly?), or have been severely dehydrated" If Sky are using IV for recovery, that is not on occasion, that's systematic, routine I would say, and is yet another example of them saying one thing and doing something else entirely.

Adam4868

Guru
Nothing much new,Shock horror sky did what a lot of other teams were doing with the 'recovery' needles.There mistake was to keep telling everyone they were whiter than white !
Still doesn't cast any new light on Froome,more WTF was he doing !

Nothing much new,Shock horror sky did what a lot of other teams were doing with the 'recovery' needles.There mistake was to keep telling everyone they were whiter than white !
Still doesn't cast any new light on Froome,more WTF was he doing !
It kinda does, not directly but the implication is there. He says at one point that they should have just got a TUE for Froome and not doubled his dose. I suspect that TUE's are persona non-grata at the moment and in trying to avoid that particular hot topic they've well and truly dumped themselves in it.

Reactions: mjr
Another version of the same facts.
Can't someone come up with a revelation we haven't already discussed ad nauseam?
It's what SirDave wants; no news = people think "not that again..." We are the CC crusaders for mentioning the same old shite over and over and viewing it as news

I'll put you down for the new Team Sky kit then.

Top Bottom