1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Joffey, 15 Sep 2016.

1. As Inrng pointed out - we don't know what we don't know. It could be that things like this happen all the time and get quietly dropped because a satisfactory explanation is found. In which case Froome might be able to consider himself a bit unfortunate (but should not be surprised, because of his profile) that this one is being conducted in the open.

Whinging about it being made public doesn't look good.

Quite what is taking all this time isn't clear. Are Sky deliberately dragging their feet? I also read somewhere (can't remember where) that Froome is waiting to be called to Lausanne for PK tests, and the ball is actually in the prosecution's court (LADS/WADA/whoever it its).

2. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

So is anyone else now wondering what doping narratives football (where JH came from) are controlling?

3. There have been a few not terribly interesting interviews lately. Most people not saying much because there isn't much to say.

Tim Wellens is against use of inhalers all together. "Asthmatics should just suck it up" he says. (Actually he doesn't, but anyway ...) Tom DuMoulin points out that on an MPCC team Froome would have been suspended. Patrick Lefevre is worried that the uncertainty is not good for business, and also has a little pop at the MPCC.

Bollo and Adam4868 like this.
  4. Adam4868

Adam4868 Über Member

5. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

good of them to mention me in the article

6. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Dogtrousers, Bollo and Adam4868 like this.
  7. BalkanExpress

BalkanExpress Veteran

Up and coming young star picks up a season long injury = ban for recreational drugs ...allegedly

8. Adam4868

Adam4868 Über Member

There is no doping in football though.......

9. Bollo

Bollo Chaaaaaa!

My theory (based on feck-all) is that Sky are trying to present this as a procedural or administrative issue rather than a full-bore doping case - "it's paperwork and nothing more". It kinda worked for Wiggo so lets go with it again. The press and public's attention span is limited, so slowing things down effectively dilutes the story.

I thought that the burden of proof was firmly in Sky/Froome's court now - it's up to them to show that Froome's physiology was playing silly-buggers, rather than the authorities proving that he reacted normally to an excessive dose. It'll end up in CAS whatever.

Dogtrousers and Maenchi like this.
  10. Bollo and mjr like this.
  11. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

12. You gotta love Google Translate. This would be so dull otherwise:
    Behind the scenes, he is the same as on his bike. And the apparent serenity that emanates Christopher Froome leaves nothing to guess the fire raging under his skull little full since he was notified of his result of abnormal analysis on the Vuelta (*). The case rekindled the fire that was brewing under the ashes of conflict with Wiggins and his team in 2012, and awakened the excitement of Michelle Cound, his wife, who took the case of his defense in hand, to the dismay of Sky . The British team locks the communication, but does not have the key to padlock the "froomette", which agitates without counting, giving cold sweats to Mike Morgan, the star advocate recruited with price of gold.

Romain Bardet speaks about the Froome affair: "We are ridiculous"

rich p, Bollo and DP like this.
  13. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

Currently reading Chris Froomes biography The Climb, in the book he goes on at length about doping and being shocked early in his career when discovering various other cyclists were doping and seems driven to be clean, his 'extras' at first included sprouting mung beans carried around in his suitcase and put on the windowsill of hotels to sprout he'd been told sprouting veg helped with recovery. With Barloworld they had a very loose training structure, like you need to train more,so do some. Then when he joined team Sky it was the total package including random testing by them, such as due to being tracked all day, when out for a meal he gets a phone call saying we are coming to check your pee and blood. From reading his book he really does not seem like doping would be his thing,ever.:okay:..

Slick likes this.
  14. Thanks. You've saved me from having to read it. :smile:

themosquitoking, Maenchi and Adrian like this.
  15. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

:laugh:.....nah.....get yourself a copy it's worth a read, funny informative and entertaining. :smile:

Slick likes this.