Froome and Wiggins TUEs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
The well respected source needs to be named. Perhaps it's Sutton, who knows but without us knowing who it is, it can't be given any real credence, though it does add to the whole rotting smell.

Sutton's statement to the committee was quoted in the news reports this morning, so clearly he's not the anonymous source.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
are these the same MPs that broke their own ethics with the expense's scandal

No. HTH.

If you have any specific accusations that call into question the integrity of the individuals who sat on the committee, feel free to share them, but if you only have slanderous innuendo, best keep it to yourself.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Triamcinolone, after a quick google for this drug it seems to have a lot of potential complications to it's use, getting busted for it the least of them:stop:

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
No. HTH.

If you have any specific accusations that call into question the integrity of the individuals who sat on the committee, feel free to share them, but if you only have slanderous innuendo, best keep it to yourself.
Chairman Damian Collins claimed over £4k to rent a house in London, in addition to a flat which he declared belonged to his wife https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...wn-london-homes-still-claim-rent-2151575.html - ethical?

Member Paul Farrelly is a supporter of Fair Fuel UK and opponent of car park charges, supporting motions like https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/832 so I suggest more a petrolhead than a friend to cycling.

Member Simon Hart employs his wife as an office manager (reported elsewhere at £35k) https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/24813/simon_hart/carmarthen_west_and_south_pembrokeshire - does that cross an ethical line?

Member Julian Knight is the author of Inheritance Tax for Dummies, which purports to "ensure that your nearest and dearest are protected from a large inheritance tax bill". I'm sure it's legal but doesn't that cross an ethical line?

Member Rebecca Pow claimed that her Taunton constituents had "thousands of extra pounds in their pockets" http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/heres-everyone-mad-taunton-deane-826186 - which might cross an ethical line but at best, I don't think I'd rely on her judgment!

mjr

OK, I'll go and sit in a corner with a dunce's cap on my head...

Still doesn't amount to a reason to doubt the committee's findings though.
Maybe not the findings, but I doubt the conclusions/judgment. A few members of this committee would appear to have little idea where some ethical lines are. I'm surprised they weren't more reluctant to open this box, so I strongly suspect we're going to get sporting fraud laws and they might be slightly warped.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I'm not happy at all for British cycling to represented by Sky's unethical standards, especially after all their cleaner than thou media bull shot .

A long select committee investigation vs a fanboy with a man crush , I think I'll go with the politicians on this one
a select commitee with unethical expense claims you mean.........at least i admit to being a sky fanboy.......these MPs can't even provide actual facts

so best leave it there really

Tin Pot

Guru
Somebody tells you someone, somewhere did something bad. Won’t tell you who they are or exactly what was done, but believe, it was bad.
Freeman's refusal to confirm that the jiffy bag contained Flumicil is interesting: where I have not had disclosed to me the nature of the “new evidence”, its format, source and any other relevant details, including why the evidence should only be available now, it would not be appropriate for me to respond presently. Given the potential seriousness of the matters you have now raised, I am advised that mindful of the background of various investigations which are ongoing, I should not be expected to provide any further comment to you presently.

And supposedly Russia is the corrupt state.

mjr

And here's the warped criminal law recommendations. Let's jail the medics! :wacko:

"151.We do not think it would be effective to subject doping athletes to criminal procedures and penalties. Longer bans on competing are likely to be more of a disincentive to them, and will avoid placing an extra burden on law enforcement bodies such as the police and courts. However, the supply of drugs or promotion of unnecessary medical procedures is a different matter. The Government should give serious consideration to criminalising the supply of drugs to sportspeople with intent to enhance performance rather than to mitigate ill-health, and in so doing defraud clean athletes they are competing against. This would send a stronger message about the unacceptability and the dangers of doping, not only to the suppliers but also to the athletes.

152.For UK Anti-Doping to be more effective, it not only needs more resources, but greater powers too. It has no powers to demand to see private papers, and financial and medical records, to aid its investigations. A change in the law to criminalise the supply of drugs to sports people could give UKAD the powers to access documents without seeking prior agreement, and the right to seek the support of the law enforcement agencies in their investigations, as appropriate."

They also agree with extending bans from 2 to 5 years so athletes miss two Olympics. As that's why people dope. Olympic gold. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom