Fuel duty cut will cost £500,000,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Well, most of my friends have made a fortune from the govmt as contractors, leveraging on their inability to manage and control programmes combined with a lack of decision making.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Why not just miss out the "govrnt" bit as most of the contractors I know have made a fortune.

Oh and for crying out loud sort out your tapatalk signature, I don't need to know you can't afford an SIII.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes. Common agreement that agenda for change was a very good deal

So not only did she tell you that she was overpaid, she also volunteered for a pay cut?? I'm starting to agree that maybe we do need to choose our nurses more carefully

Linford

Surely you mean "pays part of my wages" given that the private sector is so impoverished?

Yes, you are absolutely correct, the gov has to print the rest of the money to make up the shortfall. The downside is that by doing this, we become less competitive due to the devaluation in the currency which printing money to make up shortfall cause.

Simon1234

Über Member
Nope cos I'm not a contractor here, I'm a civil servant so I therefore pay quite a bit of tax that helps out all those in the private sector claiming tax credits for having children they can't afford.
And so you aren't aware that a significant number of the public sector employs the same tactic. You should listen to the news more often.

Simon1234

Über Member
So not only did she tell you that she was overpaid, she also volunteered for a pay cut?? I'm starting to agree that maybe we do need to choose our nurses more carefully

Show me where the word 'volunteered' appears in my text. It doesn't.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yes, you are absolutely correct, the gov has to print the rest of the money to make up the shortfall. The downside is that by doing this, we become less competitive due to the devaluation in the currency which printing money to make up shortfall cause.
Devalued against what exactly? And as someone who works in export, surely you welcome devaluation with open arms? After all you'll be more competitive in the world market.

martint235

Dog on a bike
And so you aren't aware that a significant number of the public sector employs the same tactic. You should listen to the news more often.

That would be the rich bit including MPs et al. Civil servants at my level don't earn enough to make tax evasion worthwhile.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Show me where the word 'volunteered' appears in my text. It doesn't.

Common agreement that the agenda for change was a good deal. Sorry, very good deal. That to me is volunteering for a pay cut.

The agenda for change is about driving down the numbers of public and civil servants and then paying what is left less. Any one that tells you otherwise is in the pay of the Conservative party.

A nurse saying it's a very good deal is slightly less strange than the turkey not only voting for Xmas but suggesting we should have 365 Xmasses a year.

Simon1234

Über Member
Common agreement that the agenda for change was a good deal. Sorry, very good deal. That to me is volunteering for a pay cut.

The agenda for change is about driving down the numbers of public and civil servants and then paying what is left less. Any one that tells you otherwise is in the pay of the Conservative party.

A nurse saying it's a very good deal is slightly less strange than the turkey not only voting for Xmas but suggesting we should have 365 Xmasses a year.
And there was a GP saying exactly the same on the radio last week. ...

You are obviously out of touch.

Simon1234

Über Member
Is £50K the average wage for working for the state? If not what is the relevance of that figure?
No it isn't . But it sounds dramatic. Also misses the point that public sector pay is above the private sector, even before taking into account pensions.

martint235

Dog on a bike
And there was a GP saying exactly the same on the radio last week. ...

You are obviously out of touch.

Would you like to have a bet on whether the majority of the NHS is for or against the agenda for change? And also on how many doctors feel it will jeopardise patient care?

Linford

Nope cos I'm not a contractor here, I'm a civil servant so I therefore pay quite a bit of tax that helps out all those in the private sector claiming tax credits for having children they can't afford.

As your pension contributions are not actually being accumulated for your retirement, and rather instead going to pay for the existing retirees, you might consider those people making big sacrifices to bring productive workers into the world who's efforts will support you in your retirement as being a rather good idea ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
No it isn't . But it sounds dramatic. Also misses the point that public sector pay is above the private sector, even before taking into account pensions.

Average pay in the civil service is £22,850 per year compared to £24,975 out in the private sector.

Top Bottom