Fuel duty cut will cost £500,000,000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
My mate only gets what he gets because the state are prepared to pay him that. Many of the contractors in the pivate sector doing what he does are now overpriced and out of work. If you are on £50k PA and work for the state, that is substantially more than the private sector is paying as an average wage. State paid wages just inflate the economy and make it all uncompetitive.
B****cks. I've just done a google search and for contracting jobs in the PRIVATE sector at the moment, the pay varies between £85k and £105k depending on my experience (yes I feel I am experienced enough for the £105k job). These are working for private companies. What I've found is that the contractors employed by the state tend to be at the bottom of the scale and experience level because the Govt tries to save money.

martint235

Dog on a bike
The tax evasion in Greece is going on because the private sector knows it can get away with it. That was my point. I agree that retiring at 50 is slightly dubious!

martint235

Dog on a bike
Oh and I forgot to mention, if I did become a contractor working in the private sector I would be able to arrange my tax affairs so that I paid substantially less tax than I do now

Simon1234

Über Member
Rather than "DNR" notes on patient records, we should have "DNVMS" or "Does not value medical staff" on them. Then when Linf or Simon turn up at A&E we could save quite a bit of time and money.

Actually, my wife and entire family that side are nurses/doctors and they entirely agree, let alone provide the evidence....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Linford

[QUOTE 1911043, member: 45"]I do believe I'm on Linfords ignore list. I find it strangely relaxing.[/quote]

Ha - sorry to disappoint you. You are far too entertaining ;)

Simon1234

Über Member
B****cks. I've just done a google search and for contracting jobs in the PRIVATE sector at the moment, the pay varies between £85k and £105k depending on my experience (yes I feel I am experienced enough for the £105k job). These are working for private companies. What I've found is that the contractors employed by the state tend to be at the bottom of the scale and experience level because the Govt tries to save money.
Well, most of my friends have made a fortune from the govmt as contractors, leveraging on their inability to manage and control programmes combined with a lack of decision making.

Linford

Oh and Linf, we're still waiting to hear what it is you do that is so vital we couldn't do without it?

I work in the private sector designing for export manufacturing technology to the rest of the world. In other words something which pays your wages ;)

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just like the public sector then .....

Nope cos I'm not a contractor here, I'm a civil servant so I therefore pay quite a bit of tax that helps out all those in the private sector claiming tax credits for having children they can't afford.

Top Bottom