Fugly cycling trends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Hydraulic brake brifters. As lovely to use as they are fugly to behold.

People like me in lycra. I'm surprised there's not a law against it.

The word "Boardman" in 12 metre high letters on the side of their products. As unsightly as it is subtle.

Grifters. As ugly as they were popular.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
My recent travails looking for a jersey for winter brought home to me how fundamentally ugly some things in cycling now are.

Di2 mechs, yeuk
Big fat carbon frames
Hideously finished carbon frames with the weave showing (is that deliberate)
totally black rat bikes (Specialized I'm looking at you)
discs on roadbikes (Hideous)
curved main tubes (why, just why)
Squared tubes (g'way with you now)
Huge branding on everything

And that's just the things that immediately stood out. I couldn't find a jersey unless it was red or black or branded across the chest. I also thought the quality was pretty iffy for the price on some stuff.

No doubt some of you will disagree. I won't argue with you, there's no point in arguing with people who are wrong, that's why I never bother with Markymark.
sorry i only agree with your last point^_^

D

Deleted member 1258

Will you shave it off again when/if we get a warm summer?

I got annoyed by the length of my winter whiskers so I am now keeping them trimmed to about 3-4 mm. I'll shave them off altogether once the clocks have gone forward.

I'm not sure, what normally happens is I shave it of then after about a month I get fed up with shaving in the morning and let it grow back again.

screenman

Legendary Member
Brookes saddles, yuk! Where as my Essax Shark is a thing of beauty.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
My recent travails looking for a jersey for winter brought home to me how fundamentally ugly some things in cycling now are.

Di2 mechs, yeuk
Big fat carbon frames
Hideously finished carbon frames with the weave showing (is that deliberate)
totally black rat bikes (Specialized I'm looking at you)
discs on roadbikes (Hideous)
curved main tubes (why, just why)
Squared tubes (g'way with you now)
Huge branding on everything

No doubt some of you will disagree. I won't argue with you, there's no point in arguing with people who are wrong, that's why I never bother with Markymark.

I could agree with all the above.
But then both of us would be wrong :tongue:

OP
OP
C

Crackle

Dropper Posts.
Apart from being not very essential,they look like a Prosthetic limb with a wire attached.
I excluded mtn bikes as so much goes except curved mainframes, especially top tubes, yes you Marin, although the Whyte Carbon frame thing for 5.5K was quite hideous.

Top Bottom