Fuji Feather or Spesh Langster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
So it'll be in early next week

Watch this space....................:hyper:

Got it yet?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not sure of the stock gearing on these things, but my Fuji Track came with 48:15 (~85"). Stubbornly/ignorantly, I rode this gear until I could spin it at leisure, but if you are less inclined to push such gears you might want to pick up an extra cog to make your life easier.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
46:16. The Langster Steel I had was 44:17 IIRC, and I changed it to something like 46:17/18 ish.

I'll see how it feels as standard, but I'll swop the cog if need be. The SS is also a 16 as well FWIW.

I'm now going tomorrow night after work instead of Saturday :hyper:Got my new drops, stem, brake levers and bar tape ready to go, just need a bike now to put them on :whistle:

Oh aye, need some bacl pedals too, I've only got white spd-r ones, they'll have to do for now until I can replace them.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
What brake lever's are you going to use?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Here we go, mods are finished, (for now :whistle:). I know the rear brake cable isn't perfect, (it'll settle), and I know the chains a bit slack before some smart @rse comments :tongue:

img1448j.jpg

img1449i.jpg

img1450ef.jpg

img1451z.jpg

OK, immediate changes include bars changed for standard oversize drops, this obviously involved fitting an ahead stem adapter and an oversize stem with aero tops, brake levers swopped for Cane Creek drop levers, tyres changed for Gatorskins I already had.

There was a small paint chip on the rear triangle section of the dropout when I picked it up. Evans offered me £30 cash back, but I needed black pedals as I only had a pair of SPD-R pedals in white, and face it, it would have looked $hite with them on. So I said throw the pedals in and we'll call it a deal, the guy just agreed and off I went :thumbsup:

TBH if I was a bike buying novice I wouldn't be impressed with the presentation of the bike by Evans. It had clearly been test ridden somewhere before, this doesn't bother me, it's par for the course, but at least clean the evidence off the frame before showing it to a buyer. In contrast when I bought a Langster Steel off them it was perfectly presented. I think I caught them off guard to be fair. I was a little earlier than I'd said, but it was delivered on Monday to the store, so they could have had it done. No matter, it's sorted now :thumbsup:

Ride wise all I've done is a quick test ride on the roads around Evans @ the Chill Factor. By the time I'd got home and 'fettled' it to my liking it was pitch black and raining :cry:

Fingers crossed the weathers OK in the morning so I can ride to Parkrun.

Anyhoo, hope you like it, if not that's OK cos it's mine not yours :tongue:^_^

djb1971

Legendary Member
Nice!

Like the stealth look, just need a red strobe light across the front now Michael. ^_^

Did you get another top tube Cable clip? If not just stick a cable tie on it and it'll flatten in a few weeks. The cable curves and flexes between the clips anyway. You can get the top tube clips from eBay btw if a cable tie is too low rent for new posh bike:thumbsup:

Top Bottom