Fuji Feather or Spesh Langster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Nice!

Like the stealth look, just need a red strobe light across the front now Michael. ^_^

Did you get another top tube Cable clip? If not just stick a cable tie on it and it'll flatten in a few weeks. The cable curves and flexes between the clips anyway. You can get the top tube clips from eBay btw if a cable tie is too low rent for new posh bike:thumbsup:
It only came with 2 clips, still it's better than the display one they've got, that's just got 3 cable ties on it, (no clips at all).

I'll whack a cable tie round the middle bit tomorrow, I'm not a snob :tongue:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Nice avatar :tongue:
Hmmm, yours isn't bad either :whistle:

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :thumbsup:

djb1971

Legendary Member
I've stuck an extra clip on mine that was off my flyer and the cable still bends slightly between the clips. I'm not OCD but the wonky cable gets on my t!ts a bit. It's the clanking noise that'll do your head in first:wacko:

Pity the weathers crap, just got my kit out and it's absolutely pouring down here. You must be miffed not being able to ride:dry:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
You must be miffed not being able to ride:dry:
Yep :sad:

I know what you mean about the cable, I am a bit OCD TBH and it's getting on my t!ts just looking at that picture. The other issue I had was the rear brake cable. I had to get two near inner cables and one new outer due to fitting the new brake levers, (positioned further forward than the stock bar top levers). Turns out the Decathlon outers are marginally narrower than the stock Jagwire outer that came as standard. So initially when I re-fitted the clips the cable was like a d!ck in a shirt sleeve!

I ended up trimming an old piece of bar tape down to pack in side the groove of the clips and 'take up the slack' so to speak. Seems to have worked OK. I also fitted some 'black out' vinyl tape I have around the top tube before I re-fitted the clips, (told you I was OCD) :ohmy:

[EDIT] Carrying on the OCD element. If you notice the position of the cable clips, they are equidistant from the head tube and the seat tube respectively :wacko:

djb1971

Legendary Member
You've done almost an identical thing to me. I too changed the levers on my Sputnik, the outer I changed to was thinner but I swapped again to some cheap lifeline cable and it's the thicker stuff and comes with ferrules:thumbsup:

And yes too to the electrical tape:blush:

Maybe it's not just the avatars that are similar :highfive:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
OK, first quick ride done, rode to Parkrun, did my marshalling duties, (back to running next week :whistle:), went to see a mate of mine then back home. Probably only 10 miles TBH, and I'm still sat here in all my gear typing this.

First impressions? :hyper:The bike rides really nicely, the gearing should be OK for where I'll be riding, and if I do start to suffer I'l whack a 17 or 18 cog on it I suppose.

It feels very stable, I can't feel any noticeable flex from the frame or the wheels, (I did have concerns about them as I'm not a lightweight!). Only time will tell with the wheels, and I do plan to swap them out for Halo Aero Track wheels over time anytime.

So all in all extremely pleased with the Fuji Feather. It feels a different bike now with my own bars and proper drop levers on it, and IMO it looks far better too.

So to all the Langster fanboys out there, you need to trade up to a Fuji guys :tongue:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Even the lower end steel frames like ours ride nicely. I much prefer them to aluminium.

Glad you enjoyed it:thumbsup:

Ive changed from 46/16 to a surly 44/16 and it feels better. I think I'm going to struggle on some of the climbs in Wales with it though carrying a rear rack and tent etc. It starts to become expensive experimenting with different cogs and chainrings though so I may just whack something near to 68/69 GI on it when touring.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
After my first ride I decided the stem was a tad too short. Now after swapping it and going out tonight it's too long :wacko:

Going to swap it for a 110 tomorrow and all should be well.

I fitted the 2nd stem 'flipped up' in error, but decided to leave it for the shakedown ride, God it felt awful! I felt really high up and the whole front end felt heavy and slow to steering inputs.

Note to self, fit 110 stem right way round :whistle:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Like the stealth look, just need a red strobe light across the front now Michael. ^_^
Couldn't resist, only staged for the vid though, definitely not left on the bike I can assure you :tongue:

View: http://youtu.be/DP58X5TWYzY

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thats a big thumbs up from myself and Michael :thumbsup:

hoff-knight-rider-mustang.jpg

Youve just got to go the full Monty now, riding down the street pretending to do The voice of Kitt ^_^

You need a turbo button too!

Theme tune ahoy!
Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo, doo doodoo doo doo doooooo

Phixion

Too complicated for me that :surrender: This is the first video I've ever uploaded :unsure:

Hey smokeysmoo, I actually emailed you regarding this bike on Gumtree, how come you're selling it?

Sadly, I thought it may be too big and I was right, I'd need a 54cm at most ;)

Nice bike though!

Phixion

I don't recall ever advertising anything on Gumtree TBH, but if I did then I apologise as I wasn't aware of any contact TBH

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/lovely-fuji-feather-single-speed-road-bike/1019962991

Who said anything about a contract? :P

I'm simply saying I messaged you on gumtree regarding this, enquiring on some stuff... you didn't reply.

I searched these forums for thoughts on the Fuji Feather, found this thread and your photo is exactly the same as the one listed on gumtree.

Top Bottom