Full English Breakfast - with one egg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

You're more annoyed at getting only one egg than at getting half a tomato?

The first thing that caught my eye was the one egg. Did not realise the missing half of tomato until much later.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Serves you right forgoing in the poncy covers market then. Where you can also purchase over priced Pie n Mash, which is about as authentic as plastic Rolex.

I sort of wondered if it was my mistake going into such a place but it was full of tourist and no poncy. I reckoned that the tourist had no clue.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Diagonally cut toast.......

WTHMOFIWWPTD?

(What the holy mother of ferk is wrong with people these days?)

This place was so wrong at so many levels but that one egg is an affront. In law you do have have some level of mercy from the courts in such circumstances when you take a life.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

[QUOTE 3497231, member: 259"]Oxford? Are you a curate by any chance?[/QUOTE]

If I was, the wrath of God would have been summoned post-haste.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

As I stepped out of the Covered Market, Christchurch where 26 of its best led this country was only 50 yards away. Oh! the horror of it ll.

These are the times when I wish MI6 is involved rather than wasting their productive live taking great pains to hide their sexual inclinations.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

All this talk of half tomatoes is wrong - tomatoes need to be plum and they need to be tinned.

The half tomato is now becoming an issue. I beginning to sense that I was not short-changed but provoked deliberately because of my bloodline. As the adage goes "An Englishman's home is his council flat" , and the full breakfast is surely the cultural bequest of our forefathers - framed by the Elizabethan chain of being.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Damn right. Anyone trying to serve me a grilled tomato in a brekkie is gonna get a smack around the chops
I love tinned plum tomatoes. I'm not opposed to grilled or fried fresh tomatoes with breakfast, but unfortunately it's all too common to get an unripe tomato that has been under the grill just long enough to warm it up a bit but not long enough to cook it. Ideally, ripe tomatoes should (like most things) be fried in bacon fat until close to disintegration.

Top Bottom