Full English Breakfast - with one egg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I love tinned plum tomatoes. I'm not opposed to grilled or fried fresh tomatoes with breakfast, but unfortunately it's all too common to get an unripe tomato that has been under the grill just long enough to warm it up a bit but not long enough to cook it. Ideally, ripe tomatoes should (like most things) be fried in bacon fat until close to disintegration.

I like the cut of your jib. I think the deep-seated issue is that my subconscious sees the grilled tomato and it just registers "healthy". Slathered in bacon fat may be the way to overcome this

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I like the cut of your jib. I think the deep-seated issue is that my subconscious sees the grilled tomato and it just registers "healthy". Slathered in bacon fat may be the way to overcome this

I see. I don't want to alarm you, but I also like to include spinach in a fry-up. Fortunately, I also insist on frying that in bacon fat (and/or butter). In fact, it so happens that this morning I had chipolatas with spinach and plum tomatoes.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Damn right. Anyone trying to serve me a grilled tomato in a brekkie is gonna get a smack around the chops

shouldn't be grilled but fried in the bacon fat, and slightly burnt. Then, when you do the fried bread, aslo in bacon fat if you please, the bits of burnt tomato stick to the fried bread.
Nom nom :-)

I take it that I don't need to point out to any of the gourmets on here that the bacon should be fried, not grilled. You waste all the lovely fat otherwise.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
shouldn't be grilled but fried in the bacon fat, and slightly burnt. Then, when you do the fried bread, aslo in bacon fat if you please, the bits of burnt tomato stick to the fried bread.
Nom nom :-)

I take it that I don't need to point out to any of the gourmets on here that the bacon should be fried, not grilled. You waste all the lovely fat otherwise.
I don't think that "Let's have a grill-up" is heard much, is it?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Tinned tomatoes go cold really quickly. The culinary experience is the equivalent of cold spaghetti.
Ahem. Warmed plates.

Peasant.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If the eggs don't have those lovely slimy yellow tops, how can you get that last minute satisfaction of stabbing the yolk perched on the remaining last piece of toast???????? That over-easy thing is, frankly, quite unnatural.

Top Bottom