Full English Breakfast - with one egg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
That's just faux middle class posing in my book. :smile:
:ohmy: And no has even mentioned ramekins yet!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Anyway, take your full English and shove it :whistle:. I am currently across the pond and here is what I had for breakfast yesterday. Served on a sizzling hotplate with endless coffee; :hungry:

th

But what is it?

A few years back after an early morning rise for stocktaking in Smithfield Market I popped into a local cafe and mistakenly ordered a "full english" forgetting that in EC1A one man's breakfast is another man's tea.

Out came a huge oval platter with two black puddings, two thick rashers of bacon, two sausages, two large lamb chops, two tomatoes and two eggs - with two rounds of bread and butter and a big mug of tea.:hungry:

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Full Scottish - yum. Hash browns are ok as a substitute for potato scone. When I say 'ok' I mean there had better be a bloody good reason for no potato scone. Double sausage, double bacon, double egg, black pudding, haggis, beans (NO egg contact, natch), mushrooms, tomato, tatie scone, double portion of toast, unlimited coffee (tea also acceptable):hungry:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
:ohmy: And no has even mentioned ramekins yet!
Ramekins are a disaster waiting to happen. Invariably they and their contents are at a temperature suggesting they have been subject to thermonuclear reaction

TVC

Ramekins are a disaster waiting to happen. Invariably they and their contents are at a temperature suggesting they have been subject to thermonuclear reaction
Ah yes, the screaming hot ramekin and bean juice bubbling like a lava lake: direct evidence if microwave abuse. I think we can all agree that a microwave has no ligitimate part in the preparation of any breakfast.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Ah yes, the screaming hot ramekin and bean juice bubbling like a lava lake: direct evidence if microwave abuse. I think we can all agree that a microwave has no ligitimate part in the preparation of any breakfast.
I'll permit softening butter in winter as a special exception to this rule.

Reactions: TVC
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

Sorry for being absent since starting the thread but the emotions and the anger went north as I was about to reveal the location of this travesty. Was on self-medication for the last 6 hours, followed by yoga and meditation.

I was served this abomination at a cafe within the Covered Market at Oxford. Home of the high altar of education, from where 26 prime ministers emerged to serve the country, 30 international leaders, 120 Olympic medal winners and scores of industry icons.

When the plate was arrived, it had 2 rashers of bacon, one half of a tomato, baked beans, 2 mushrooms, 1 slice of toast cut diagonally and one egg. Quick look and everyone was also on one egg. It was therefore no mistake.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Sorry for being absent since starting the thread but the emotions and the anger went north as I was about to reveal the location of this travesty. Was on self-medication for the last 6 hours, followed by yoga and meditation.

I was served this abomination at a cafe within the Covered Market at Oxford. Home of the high altar of education, from where 26 prime ministers emerged to serve the country, 30 international leaders, 120 Olympic medal winners and scores of industry icons.

When the plate was arrived, it had 2 rashers of bacon, one half of a tomato, baked beans, 2 mushrooms, 1 slice of toast cut diagonally and one egg. Quick look and everyone was also on one egg. It was therefore no mistake.

You're more annoyed at getting only one egg than at getting half a tomato?

TVC

I see your mistake, you ordered from the childrens menu didn't you.

subaqua

What’s the point
Point of order - the empire was BRITISH, not ENGLISH :angry:.
Next time ask for a full SCOTTISH breakfast and you'll get your two eggs!
and haggis . like in the buchan Braes hotel, just outside Peterhead. was a thing of joy to have that in February 2014.

Top Bottom