Funny ride in this morning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cab

Cab

magnatom said:
:biggrin: Come on Cab. So much seems to be happening to you lately, you would have some great footage. You could be keeping us all amused!

Of course as soon as you use the camera it will all go quiet....:sad: or should that be :blush: ??

Thing is, so much seems to happen just out of range of the camera. Its more disappointing to plug the camera in to the computer and find that I've narrowly missed loads of interesting events :tongue:

Tynan

Veteran
I scootered home last night at about 9.30 (bike having its rear wheel made better)

me and I think five other scooters waited at the front for the green light and away we all went, I hung at the back to let the other scooters and motorbikes sort themselves out crossing Nags Head junction heading into Seven Sister Road

unlit bike with a rider all in dark clothes RLJed from the left and passed through the group of scooters, across the front of me, he's was either very on the ball and brave or an utter idiot

words really did fail me

Tynan

Veteran
I scootered home last night at about 9.30 (bike having its rear wheel made better)

me and I think five other scooters waited at the front for the green light and away we all went, I hung at the back to let the other scooters and motorbikes sort themselves out crossing Nags Head junction heading into Seven Sister Road

unlit bike with a rider all in dark clothes RLJed from the left and passed through the group of scooters, across the front of me, he's was either very on the ball and brave or an utter idiot

words really did fail me

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Tynan said:

No real question, he's an utter idiot and you're both lucky that didn't turn out bad. All it would have taken was for you to be speeding up to keep pace with the other scooters and you'd have both been in trouble.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

Tynan said:

No real question, he's an utter idiot and you're both lucky that didn't turn out bad. All it would have taken was for you to be speeding up to keep pace with the other scooters and you'd have both been in trouble.

Tynan

Veteran
yeah but he was tearing along, one of the invulnerable brigade, he may have judged the whole thing correctly

but I see your point, scooters can change speed pretty quickly

Tynan

Veteran
yeah but he was tearing along, one of the invulnerable brigade, he may have judged the whole thing correctly

but I see your point, scooters can change speed pretty quickly

domtyler

Über Member
Cab said:
Thing is, so much seems to happen just out of range of the camera. Its more disappointing to plug the camera in to the computer and find that I've narrowly missed loads of interesting events :biggrin:

When you say "just out of range", do you mean that these 'interesting events' only actually happen in your over-active imagination? ;)

domtyler

Über Member
Cab said:
Thing is, so much seems to happen just out of range of the camera. Its more disappointing to plug the camera in to the computer and find that I've narrowly missed loads of interesting events :biggrin:

When you say "just out of range", do you mean that these 'interesting events' only actually happen in your over-active imagination? ;)

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You really should get a helmet cam, I would love to see all this:biggrin:

Cab said:
Told a bloke that his brake light was broke, got yelled at.

Saw two RLJ cyclists almost come to blows over a farcical situation where the outside one wanted to turn left, the inside one wanted to turn right, and neither had indicated. The only thing that probably stopped them was the bus that needed through the space they shouldn't have been occupying anyway.

Got stuck behind a car on a narrow one way street, he wanted past the cyclist in front and kept making a little dart to the side like he might be about to have a go. Woman on the bike stopped in the road and in a very posh voice berated the bloke in the car for being too close and being all over her.

Saw a cyclist on the other side of the road plough straignt in to the back of the car in front of him; he hit his brakes very late, and went stright in to the towbar of the old fashioned volvo estate in front of him. That car had been static for, what, 8 or 10 seconds due to traffic. Dunno how he stayed upright, considering he'd managed to bend his front forks back in the collision. Crowd of other cyclists immediately with him on that side, so nowt I could have done to help the chap; 100% the cyclists fault and he knew it. Towbar on the volvo looked pretty much untouched, as you might expect!

Three RLJs waiting out in front at another junction caused a complete standstill, as a bus that couldn't quite corner because of them suddenly stopped, and the RLJs were clearly too thick to spot what they had done wrong.

Two cars went through red lights at another junction (one that had just changed, one that was just about to change) an damned near collided; luck rather than judgement saved them.

And yet my own ride in was really rather quiet; no one yelled at me for being on the road, no one tried to pass too close, nothing really happened to me.

Odd kind of ride in to work.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
You really should get a helmet cam, I would love to see all this:biggrin:

Cab said:
Told a bloke that his brake light was broke, got yelled at.

Saw two RLJ cyclists almost come to blows over a farcical situation where the outside one wanted to turn left, the inside one wanted to turn right, and neither had indicated. The only thing that probably stopped them was the bus that needed through the space they shouldn't have been occupying anyway.

Got stuck behind a car on a narrow one way street, he wanted past the cyclist in front and kept making a little dart to the side like he might be about to have a go. Woman on the bike stopped in the road and in a very posh voice berated the bloke in the car for being too close and being all over her.

Saw a cyclist on the other side of the road plough straignt in to the back of the car in front of him; he hit his brakes very late, and went stright in to the towbar of the old fashioned volvo estate in front of him. That car had been static for, what, 8 or 10 seconds due to traffic. Dunno how he stayed upright, considering he'd managed to bend his front forks back in the collision. Crowd of other cyclists immediately with him on that side, so nowt I could have done to help the chap; 100% the cyclists fault and he knew it. Towbar on the volvo looked pretty much untouched, as you might expect!

Three RLJs waiting out in front at another junction caused a complete standstill, as a bus that couldn't quite corner because of them suddenly stopped, and the RLJs were clearly too thick to spot what they had done wrong.

Two cars went through red lights at another junction (one that had just changed, one that was just about to change) an damned near collided; luck rather than judgement saved them.

And yet my own ride in was really rather quiet; no one yelled at me for being on the road, no one tried to pass too close, nothing really happened to me.

Odd kind of ride in to work.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

A bit of aggression on the way home last night (honks from someone I wasn't holding up but who wanted to be past me anyway, and more honks from the same person when they picked a different lane to go in a different direction, just to show how badly they'd been held up as they then got stuck ), but otherwise nothing of any interest on the roads since then. Its as if a whole weeks wierdness got caught in one trip yesterday.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

A bit of aggression on the way home last night (honks from someone I wasn't holding up but who wanted to be past me anyway, and more honks from the same person when they picked a different lane to go in a different direction, just to show how badly they'd been held up as they then got stuck ), but otherwise nothing of any interest on the roads since then. Its as if a whole weeks wierdness got caught in one trip yesterday.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

domtyler said:

The irritating thing about the camera is that it only gets what I'm pointing my head at, which is almost always the road right in front of me. Very narrow field of vision. So anything happening next to you, on the other side of the road etc. tends to be out of view.

OP
OP
Cab

Cab

domtyler said:

The irritating thing about the camera is that it only gets what I'm pointing my head at, which is almost always the road right in front of me. Very narrow field of vision. So anything happening next to you, on the other side of the road etc. tends to be out of view.

Top Bottom