Funny ride in this morning...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

Cab said:
Told a bloke that his brake light was broke, got yelled at.

Saw two RLJ cyclists almost come to blows over a farcical situation where the outside one wanted to turn left, the inside one wanted to turn right, and neither had indicated. The only thing that probably stopped them was the bus that needed through the space they shouldn't have been occupying anyway.

Got stuck behind a car on a narrow one way street, he wanted past the cyclist in front and kept making a little dart to the side like he might be about to have a go. Woman on the bike stopped in the road and in a very posh voice berated the bloke in the car for being too close and being all over her.

Saw a cyclist on the other side of the road plough straignt in to the back of the car in front of him; he hit his brakes very late, and went stright in to the towbar of the old fashioned volvo estate in front of him. That car had been static for, what, 8 or 10 seconds due to traffic. Dunno how he stayed upright, considering he'd managed to bend his front forks back in the collision. Crowd of other cyclists immediately with him on that side, so nowt I could have done to help the chap; 100% the cyclists fault and he knew it. Towbar on the volvo looked pretty much untouched, as you might expect!

Three RLJs waiting out in front at another junction caused a complete standstill, as a bus that couldn't quite corner because of them suddenly stopped, and the RLJs were clearly too thick to spot what they had done wrong.

Two cars went through red lights at another junction (one that had just changed, one that was just about to change) an damned near collided; luck rather than judgement saved them.

And yet my own ride in was really rather quiet; no one yelled at me for being on the road, no one tried to pass too close, nothing really happened to me.

Odd kind of ride in to work.

There's one common denominator in all of that. Is your real name Jonah?;) Reminds me of the bloke with the specs in Police Academy.

Top Bottom