1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game: Name that road!

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by ColinJ, 10 Dec 2017.

1. Skuhravy

Skuhravy Senior Member

Croft circuit?
    midlife likes this.
  2. Aravis

Aravis White-Haired Trundler

Donington Park. I've never been there, but the blue triangle in the foreground, the white wall behind it, the gantry and the woodland in the distance are all clearly visible on Google maps.

I can't think of anything else I have to continue the thread - unless I'm allowed to go to our nearest neighbour on the continent - @ColinJ ?
    Smeggers II likes this.
  3. OK, I'll do one: not a road as such, but likely to be known by many on here
    20161111 (26) Bristol-Bath cycle path near Bitton.JPG
    grecinos and ColinJ like this.
  4. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

Show us Some Yorkshire roads then.
  5. Smeggers II

Smeggers II Legendary Member

Correct! It was an open day a few years ago, tarmac so smooth you could run ya tyres at a mIllion psi!
  6. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Bristol - Bath cycle route?
    ColinJ likes this.
  7. Yes - the bit near Bitton where the preserved railway runs alongside.
  8. Siclo

Siclo Senior Member

Since we seem to have stalled, another easy one

grecinos likes this.
  9. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

Given where alot of these are, I was going to say part of the road down into Littleborough from the White House? - but I see it's already been bagged downthread (A58). I don't know that part of the whole too well, just when visiting the OHs relatives...
    Siclo likes this.
  10. OP

ColinJ Hillfinder General

I got it in one! It is looking SE from the Nick o' Pendle down to Sabden.

The Google Street View car couldn't get quite the same view from the road but this picture is nearly identical ...

Sabden from The Nick.jpg
    grecinos and Siclo like this.
  11. Siclo

Siclo Senior Member

@ColinJ I thought you'd know it, it is rather distinctive . I think was stood on the bank. Taken on the way home from the earlier pic of the cross.
    ColinJ likes this.
  12. OP

Okay, here's the next one ...

Name That Road #2.jpg
    Siclo and grecinos like this.
  13. Okay;

Wentbridge. 8.JPG Floods. West Yorkshire Scenes. Fairburn Ings. Newton Lane. 1.JPG North Yorkshire Scenes. Middleham Bridge 3.JPG P5031524.JPG West Yorkshire Scenes. Ilkley. Ilkley Moor. KeighleyGate. 4.JPG DSCF3741.JPG DSCF3980.JPG
    ColinJ and Milzy like this.
  14. OP

Oi - wait yer turn! :okay:
    Richard A Thackeray and Siclo like this.
  15. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

I only recognise the abandoned castle type building. Some where on the outskirts of Doncaster.
    Richard A Thackeray likes this.