Game: Name that road!

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by ColinJ, 10 Dec 2017.

1. Siclo

Siclo Über Member

@ColinJ I thought you'd know it, it is rather distinctive . I think was stood on the bank. Taken on the way home from the earlier pic of the cross.

ColinJ likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

Okay, here's the next one ...

Name That Road #2.jpg

Siclo and grecinos like this.
  3. Okay;

Wentbridge. 8.JPG Floods. West Yorkshire Scenes. Fairburn Ings. Newton Lane. 1.JPG North Yorkshire Scenes. Middleham Bridge 3.JPG P5031524.JPG West Yorkshire Scenes. Ilkley. Ilkley Moor. KeighleyGate. 4.JPG DSCF3741.JPG DSCF3980.JPG

ColinJ and Milzy like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

Oi - wait yer turn! :okay:

Richard A Thackeray and Siclo like this.
  5. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

I only recognise the abandoned castle type building. Some where on the outskirts of Doncaster.

Richard A Thackeray likes this.
  6. Correct, it's at Hampole, on the 'Doncaster Road', which is a few 100yards before it crosses the A1 at 'Red House Junction' (1)

The history is here, & reason for abandonment;
    https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/ivy-farm-manor-hampole-may-2014.89887/

Location map, below the photograph
    http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5212435

The underwater road is not normally a Ford.................... (more of a River Aire inundation)

(1) Red House Farm, being an old coaching establishment

Milzy likes this.
  7. midlife

midlife Veteran

The truck going through the arch, .is that down the road from Middleham Castle? Richard III old place.

8. midlife likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

***Cough*** :whistle:

:laugh:

10. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

he used to push in the dinner queue at school too. :rolleyes:

Richard A Thackeray and ColinJ like this.
  11. Milzy

Milzy Veteran

Who drove him from his home? Angry mobs or the ghost of the murdered girl?? He must have felt pretty bad for releasing her.

12. The presumption is, the local community?
    As it states in the link, part of his role was to keep admissions to a minimum, so presumably he thought she'd not offend to such an extent?

13. OP
    OP
    ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

Well, you've ignored my 'official' entry for over 2 months, so I'll repost it to give you another chance! :okay:

name-that-road-2-jpg.jpg

Siclo and grecinos like this.
  14. Siclo

Siclo Über Member

Still not got a clue, but if you want to post the one of you pouting at the camera that was on another thread I know exactly where that is ^_^

ColinJ likes this.
  15. I'll say Yorkshire, but I don't suppose that's close enough to win me any prizes .

ColinJ likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice