Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Too early for a clue? Try this!
Is it here? https://goo.gl/maps/ZdTv43rtRxrA3Z7r8
Old Leicester Road, Rugby?

1639608596678.png

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Is it here? https://goo.gl/maps/ZdTv43rtRxrA3Z7r8
Old Leicester Road, Rugby?
Yes indeed. I was on a ride during my first term at Warwick University, autumn 1978. I was a bit of a canal fanatic at the time and I was hunting down a few locations in and around Rugby. That day I also visited Little Lawford Ford, and took a photograph which I was hoping to use in this thread, but I found it impossible to match it to recent images. I can't remember which side I approached from, or whether I was able to negotiate it.

On the way back to the university I remember having a puncture which I was totally unequipped to deal with. I was in a village and someone saw my predicament and invited me into his home and gave me everything needed to sort myself out. Part of the learning process.

It's strange that I can remember that day so well.

Well done @lazybloke, over to you. :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes indeed. I was on a ride during my first term at Warwick University, autumn 1978.
Blimey... Did you see me snoring in the union bar when Dexys Midnight Runners were on? :blush:

I went to see the band at Warwick University in '79 or '80. Before anybody had heard of them anyway...

So, knowing nothing about the band, I decided that I'd go off to the union bar instead of watching the gig. I had a few pints and promptly fell asleep. My mates turned up about 2 hours later and woke me up. They were drenched in sweat and bright-eyed with excitement. They told me I'd missed one of the best gigs they'd ever seen. Ho hum... :wacko:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
it looks a bit NY Moors, but only because of what looks like gorse, but gorse is very common so its as likely to be Wales :laugh:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm consulting my 3D map to see if I can narrow down the choice of roads to where I strongly suspect it is... :whistle:

Top Bottom