Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
You will find it when you follow the river.
Struggling to understand 'follow the river'.
Possibly there's an anagram that points to a watercourse and then you go upstream or downstream as necessary.

An anagram of "it when " is Whiten. Whitendale River?
Or is 'the river' a tautological reference, eg River Avon?
Or a chalk river (white in another sense)?
Whitechurch? Whitchurch?

Lots of ideas, but no success. I haven't a clue!

Aravis

Putrid Donut
All good ideas @lazybloke, but not right!

Try taking something from the damask hamper, or call owt her name.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Askham Bridge
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.6...4!1s3fhHLaA625949747UxPB-w!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

The Damask hamper was unusually straightforward for an @Aravis clue
1640636866719.png

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
You should've had no trouble with the other two clues then?
In retrospect, no. But the first was an excellently cunning concealment so I missed it completely. Follow the river could easily have been another kind of clue. But damask hamper ... those unusual words have got to be a letter clue of some sort.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A26 Tonbridge Road in Hadlow (grand entrance is Hadlow Castle).

https://maps.app.goo.gl/JCUx6QeYg1tAZkCR6

Looks like a pretty quiet stretch for a 2 digit A-Road
I thought that someone was bound to identify that distinctive entrance pretty quickly!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I thought that someone was bound to identify that distinctive entrance pretty quickly!
Oddly enough I've cycled past it many times without noticing it. I only saw it for the first time on a ride recently. I think this may be because I'm about to do a right turn as I pass it, so I'm concentrating on traffic.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Oddly enough I've cycled past it many times without noticing it. I only saw it for the first time on a ride recently. I think this may be because I'm about to do a right turn as I pass it, so I'm concentrating on traffic.
I understand that... I was checking some familiar routes on Street View recently and saw some really distinctive buildings that I had never noticed before. These are huge mill buildings over 100 years old and I have been cycling past them for 30 years!

Even more astonishing is Todmorden's invisible hill. I had been cycling along the Burnley Rd for 25 years but never noticed this very distinctive hillside until I moved here... :wacko:

Again, a case of watching the traffic instead of checking out the scenery.It is much easier and safer to do it when walking around!

Top Bottom