Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shnjmsn

Über Member
you're supposed to wait your turn.... Figbat's road needs to be identified first and whoever correctly identifies it, posts the next picture :smile:

Whoops....... sorry all, that'll teach me to get all excited and stuff !!!!

As you were...................... :rolleyes:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
A picture from a few yards further up the same hill, September 2nd 2017:

My Strava title for the ride that day was Yan Tan Tethera - one of my better ones. The picture is a mile or so north of the Ridgeway on the B4494 looking towards Wantage. Anything but flat...

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
A picture from a few yards further up the same hill, September 2nd 2017:

View attachment 517933

My Strava title for the ride that day was Yan Tan Tethera - one of my better ones. The picture is a mile or so north of the Ridgeway on the B4494 looking towards Wantage. Anything but flat...
Pretty much nailed it, although mine was taken just along from the entrance to the car park at the Ridgeway.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Pretty much nailed it, although mine was taken just along from the entrance to the car park at the Ridgeway.
Now that I've looked a little more carefully, I see that so is mine - a few yards up from yours. There was a bit more climbing to do after I took the picture, but that's above the car park, not below as I was misremembering.

I'm happy to pass to someone else now.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It looks like a nice road and I will be interested to find out where it is!

PS Found it! I had a vague inkling that it reminded me of photos I had seen of a climb that is definitely on my 'to do' list...

Bwlch y Groes!

shnjmsn

Über Member
It looks like a nice road and I will be interested to find out where it is!

PS Found it! I had a vague inkling that it reminded me of photos I had seen of a climb that is definitely on my 'to do' list...

View attachment 518078

Bwlch y Groes!

Got it in one !!!!!! Just past the cattle grid where it gets painful :bicycle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It certainly looks painful on the OS map and Streetview!

One for a post-pandemic Welsh cycling holiday...

PS I posted a similar comment back in December 2017 in this very thread - LINK! :laugh:

Will hunt through my photos and get back with one soon...

shnjmsn

Über Member
Absolutely right !! We've stayed in a couple of holiday cottages close by in the last couple of years just so I can ride this one !! It's a long slog to the cattle grid, thereafter it gets a bit scary :laugh: When you've summited, come a couple of hundred yards back down and hang a left which will take you down over to Lake Vrynwy...... Well worth the cycle round it and cafe stop at the southern end !!:hungry:

shnjmsn

Über Member
Looks like my sort of road, but I don't recognise it.
It looks like Wales to me, but most of @ColinJ 's tend be Yorkshire-ish and points north. So in short, dunno.

Agreed........ Could well be Wales, but then again............. Pretty sure it's not the south west......... now I've said that it'll be Dartmoor or something ! Not the Gospel pass in Wales is it ?? :bicycle:

Top Bottom