Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’ve searched almost every back lane around the Stow-on-the-Wold/Rollright Stones environs but can’t find a match.

It's not from that weekend away, and its not Yorks or Herts.

You might get a whiff of an inland seagull...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
So taken this afternoon pretty close to the street view shot, which might give an idea of where it is. I confess to not having riden the road when posted but I have before you've solved it!
20220625_131802.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Looks more to me like you might be looking towards the sea

I guess with the UK being an island, technically yes, but actually looking almost directly away from the nearest sea.

I'm struggling to see how no-one has guessed this unless no-one wants the next go.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Well done, I suspect @Alex321 and @ColinJ may have not fancied posting another.

The clues are always there @MontyVeda :laugh: I even directed you to he middle of the route I think it was 22 miles into a 43.5 mile route!

They can always find the road and throw the next entry open to anyone... like what I've done numerous times.

Yes I started looking just north of Arundel on your day 2 route map. Wouldn't have had a clue unless someone didn't state it was the SDW... I'd have still been looking in Yorkshire :blush:

anyhow, here's the next... I'll curse it by saying this should go quickly

- name that road.jpg

Capture.JPG

Here
I can't work out what it's called. Further south it's Delph Lane; further north it's Chipping Road. Just here it's unnamed; on Google Maps at least.
For once, I've not been along there in the last few days; not for about four months in fact, but it's immediately recognisable as 'Bowland somewhere', as you obviously thought.

I don't recall the current protocol as to whether it's OK to post the next prior to @MontyVeda 's confirmation ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom