Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't look for the previous one because I have been distracted by other things...

SoV found Monty's latest exactly where I would have looked. I used to do it once or twice a year but I don't remember riding there since the year before Covid came along. I must try to get out there again this summer.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I knew it'd be one of you two :smile:

Lovely road, lovely view, lovely downhill just after those trees... but don't forget about the cattle grid!

@Sea of vapours ...if it's obvious it's the same road, then by all means post without confirmation:okay:

I'm not entirely convinced that I've ever gone along that road in that direction. Certainly, I far more commonly go the other way, or 'anti-clockwise around the Forest of Bowland'.

Here's the next one then. I shall curse it by suggesting that it won't go as quickly as the last one ...

road.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My vote is for a Scottish island that I have never been to and would therefore never recognise!

There are probably only a few thousand kms of Scottish island roads, so somebody will probably have found it by the time I get round to it. :whistle:

I am busy today but will have a look in again later to see if it has been found.

I'll give you 'Yes, Scotland', but I'm not narrowing it down beyond that for a while.

Also. N.B. The camera stuck on the roof of the Streetview car is a lot higher than the viewpoint of the photographer who took the image above, which means that there are a couple of small, low buildings just visible on the near horizon, a little to the right of the road, in the Streetview image.

GuyBoden

Guru
I maybe, possibly, not sure really, that I have found the exact location, so I'll wait until we have a Google Street view pic to confirm my finding.:okay:

I maybe, possibly, not sure really, that I have found the exact location, so I'll wait until we have a Google Street view pic to confirm my finding.:okay:
Ummmm..... If everyone decided to wait 'ti someone else had posted the right place the game would be .... a little stagnant !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

you don't have to reveal the location and risk that dastardly Monty stealing it with a more exact match... just post the image and SoV will let you know if it's correct or not, then you can stick links in if it is:okay: Obviously if it's clearly not correct, we'll all be jumping in and saying how very wrong you are :rolleyes:

In this case, 'exact' match is a relative term. With the lack of foreground detail there is at least a several hundred mete section of road which looks about right and it all depends on how much the Streetview is zoomed.

Should anyone find this helpful: the image above is with a 30mm lens, in 35mm terms, so a little wider than 'normal vision'. The Streetview shot is vastly wider of course.

Over 48 hours now, so here's a clue which narrows this down somewhat, bearing in mind that we already have 'Scotland'.

The photo was taken on a road which, at that point, is both a long distance walking route and a long distance cycling route.

Top Bottom