Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Here you are then:

Venod

Eh up
Its Ampney St Peter just of the A417.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Well that wasn't too hard, was it. A win for @Venod.

Here is the dedication. The lady is now Laura Tomlinson, a bit easier to remember and if you ever find your way onto Pointless it might even win you some money.

Venod

Eh up
I use the PrtScr key, then paste the image into a graphic app in which I crop and resize it, before dragging it into the post edit box.

I have just done that for the next pic, but I am sure I have pasted a screenshot straight into a post before.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have just done that for the next pic, but I am sure I have pasted a screenshot straight into a post before.
PrtScr, put cursor where you want it in your new post, Ctrl-V. Example...

Just below?
1596998884802.png

Yes - that works! :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I know you have not posed this as part of the game, but is it the A828 going north from Connel in Scotland.
It is. (The file name in the top left is a bit of a giveaway!)

I was once having a meal with some members of the Scottish side of my family in a pub in Connel and spotted an old black and white photograph on the wall showing the construction of the bridge in 1902-3. One of the steel erectors in the picture turned out to be a relative.

Steam trains were still using the then railway line over the bridge when I used to go up for my annual 6 week holiday in Scotland every summer as a child. Traffic lights controlled access to the bridge for motor vehicles.

Oh, wow - I just found some very old footage of trains using the bridge at that time!

Top Bottom