Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
That looks so familiar and what’s on the sign on left, a tea pot. Is the big building an old Methodist chapel or a school?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Can't see a teapot anywhere, I would say its a church, denomination unknown to me.
i think we're going to need a clue :blush:

edit... no we're not!

it's Braygate Lane in Levisham. :becool:

here it is looking toward the pub

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
i think we're going to need a clue
I had a cryptic clue lined up.

Blue jeans and meat join the village.

it's Braygate Lane in Levisham.
Correct, your turn.

Beyond the pub the road goes down to Levisham Station which is on The North Yorks Moors Railway, go over the railway for some fine tracks in Cropton Forest, not on a road bike, but a CX/Adventure bike would be OK and of course a MTB would be fine.

Has anybody taken a bike on the NYM railway,(is it even allowed) there are some fine roads on the moors.

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This is one of my own photos. Don't bother zooming in on the signpost - it's not legible ^_^ I have lots of clues ready if needed.
1598372024698.png

MontyVeda

I just searched around Lancaster. Looking for pylons.
note to self... pylons make it too easy!

I did have a much easier commute to that particular job, but it was straight down the A6 and the traffic did my nut in... so a few extra hills and an extra mile was a worthy detour, even in the pouring rain and middle of winter :okay:

MontyVeda

This is one of my own photos. Don't bother zooming in on the signpost - it's not legible ^_^ I have lots of clues ready if needed.
View attachment 543694
I had a hunch that the style of old signposts were different in each county... so after a bit of looking at old roadsigns, I ended up looking around Sussex, then for old signposts in Sussex on Alamy and found one very similar to @Dogtrousers picture, which put me 1 mile from Newbridge and a couple of miles from Hartfield and Duddleswell...

r171wt.jpg

It's Kid's Hill.

is this you on a ride Dogtrousers?

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had a hunch that the style of old signposts were different in each county... so after a bit of looking at old roadsigns, Iended up looking around Sussex, then for old signposts in Sussex on Alamy and found one very similar to @Dogtrousers picture, which put me 1 mile from Newbridge and a couple of miles from Hartfield and Duddleswell... it's Kid's Hill.
It is indeed Kidd's Hill. I like the fact that on Streetview there's a very knackered looking cyclist at the side of the road.
1598378500030.png

I didn't need any of my Winnie the Pooh clues

MontyVeda

LOL... sometimes you've gotta get in there quick on this thread; post the answer, then sort out the screen shot :okay:.

OK... no pylons this time.

Hopefully this'll take a bit longer than 10 minutes.

Top Bottom