Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
What the?! It's a literal road to nowhere, far off the beaten trail. it's one of 3 images I took as a panorama, there is virtually no information in the photo
How could you possibly have guessed this

You are a sorceror AICMFP
I guess he must have been there......

Stunning location

I guess he must have been there......

Stunning location
It really is. Properly secluded, lovely spot.
I went there because I wanted to get some miles under my legs to help recover from the Bealach Beag the previous day. Didn't think it would be so tough - at one point on the climb back up, the road reared up to 30%, I ran out of momentum and just keeled over onto the verge.
Still worth it for the scenery.

Mr Celine

Discordian

Go ahead punks, name that road!

T4tomo

Guru
and that bloody piece of tape on the shifter cable....:laugh:

It would be useful to know if the post box is still on street view...

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Punks is obviously a massive clue. :scratch:
Isle of (Dirty) Harris?
Callaghan square, Cardiff?
Old (Dirty) Harry's Rock?

Hmm. Punk... maybe a reference to Brewdog? In which case it would be the area around Ellon in Aberdeenshire, but the terrain around there looks too cultivated to match what appears to be moorland

T4tomo

Guru
Just to elaborate on the punks, the track on the right leads to a farm with a proscription against some of them...
Hmm, pretty sure I know the answer to that, but hasn't helped much in solving it, even after finding a list of PO boxes in the UK and cross referencing the solution to it.

T4tomo

Guru
It looks quite Scottish, certainly moorland.

So he is my musings if it helps anyone.
on the RHS are what could be power lines / pillons or a bridge?, and a sliver of water.

To have moorland so close to water and be populated enough to have a rural post box, I was thinking Scottish isles of one form or another maybe or coastal scotland.

searching for whitehouse farm and postboxes has got me nowhere

Top Bottom