Garage Tool Storage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ben Reeve

Ben Reeve

2 torque wrenches and a headset press, you must be doing some serious work.

Umm honestly I bought 2 torque wrenches as the first one I got bought as a gift only goes down to 10nM. Not much use for alot of things on the bike so I got another one.

The press is due to buying Cannondale bikes. The amount of times I've had to change over the push fit bearings is ridiculous so it became a worthwhile investment after many changes involving a hammer and piece of wood!

Reactions: mjr

Profpointy

Legendary Member
quite good on levels, albeit a precision on and a laser on would be worthwile additions, but can't help noticing a lack of hammers. Need at least a large and small thor leather faced hammer, small engineering and wòodwork hammers plus a small sledge. No mole grips? No files? Presumably precision tools are elsewhere. Shadowboard is cool though

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
No dartboard, though.

How do you pass the time in there?

stalagmike

Enormous member
Gotta say I am well jel of that tool set up. I am just starting out my collection. Just getting things as and when I find I need them. Should reach 'peak tool' in about 10 years I reckon...

fixedfixer

Veteran
Should reach 'peak tool' in about 10 years I reckon...

Err, what do you mean by 'peak tool' this something that never happens? 40 years on and I'm still buying new tools :dance:(only because I really need them and they do save so much money when you do the job yourself..........)

DavidD

Err, what do you mean by 'peak tool' this something that never happens? 40 years on and I'm still buying new tools :dance:(only because I really need them and they do save so much money when you do the job yourself..........)
Got to agree with fixedfixer I have worked as a car mechanic for the last 30+ years and there is no such thing as peak tool, although the wife would be well pleased if there was such a thing.

fixedfixer

Veteran
My missus would tell you I reached the peak of my tool - ness some time ago.

I know what you are saying - I'm at a loss to explain why these 'rules' regarding garage tools don't also apply to kitchen gadgets (I don't push that one though as I enjoy the produce of our kitchen.

Top Bottom