Gardeners, bush advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yes, get them in early and you should have a better sucess rate (now you'll tell my you have 100% success already!)
No where near, more like 20% but I normally abandon them to look after themselves, whereas I'm taking a bit more care with the cistus cuttings. They all have grown new leaves so they seem to be doing better than expected.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have a Japanese Maple.Its main display is in the autumn when the leafs turn a brilliant red.

Mine is in a large tub and currently six feet tall.Ibought it as cheepo fromAldi They do need to be in a fairly sheltered position as they don’t like strong drying winds that can desiccate the leaves Mine is in semi shade
Feed with an organic fertiliser once a month and water daily during spring and summer
One advantage is the don’t need excessive pruning other than alight trim if you feel they are getting to tall of out growing their allotted space.
This one's on the borders of one of the woods the hound takes me for walks in. TBH I think the phone's made the colour slightly more vivid than in real life, but not ridiculously so. It really is a stunning tree.

maple.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Acer palmatum Osakazuki is my favourite little maple for ridiculousness and reddishness. Doesn’t like constant exposure to wind or dry planters or pots.

As @summerdays said now is an easy time to choose what you want from the tree supplier, but it is also the best time to plant out young trees.
Bit early yet for planting but it is getting there.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Though just looked in my garden and almost all of mine have now lost all their leaves. I have various leaf shapes and colours, mostly all quite small.

Top Bottom