Gardening 2021

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Built 2 new planters to cover the metal feet of the arbor and added some climbers to go up over the top

OP
OP
VelvetUnderpants

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Whats scoffing the dahlias? I've got some out, half have been eaten and the other half haven't:wacko:

If it's the leaves it's more than likely slugs or snails, if it's just the flowers it's probably earwigs.

Slug pellets are very effective or if you don't wish to risk killing birds or amphibians a beer trap is very effective. I prefer beer traps, at least the molluscs die happy.

You may think but I haven't seen any slugs or snails, but they come out at night and are normally happily tucked in by the time you notice your prize dahlia has been nibbled.

D

Deleted member 1258

If it's the leaves it's more than likely slugs or snails, if it's just the flowers it's probably earwigs.

Slug pellets are very effective or if you don't wish to risk killing birds or amphibians a beer trap is very effective. I prefer beer traps, at least the molluscs die happy.

You may think but I haven't seen any slugs or snails, but they come out at night and are normally happily tucked in by the time you notice your prize dahlia has been nibbled.

Even out at night with a torch showed almost no slug and snail activity.

jowwy

My first tomatoe showed its head this morning, fingers crossed for many more……already had carrots, betroot and lettuce from the garden

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Gardener's Delight tomatoes nearly ready for picking, soon we'll have more aubergines than we know what to do with, ditto the courgettes (not quite so photogenic!

:wahhey:

jowwy

Rubbish clearing day today, already filled the car this morning with old garden rubbish that needed clearing. all the outstanding projects can be done in autumn/spring now…….im shattered

Top Bottom