Garmin Connect Down - And made me think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anyway, Garmin Connect seems to be back up now so as you were ...
Oh so it is......thanks. I had just manually uploaded my little tootle anyway but good to know.

Hmmm, in saying that I just synced my Fenix for my steps, sleep, etc and it's not showing on the site. Maybe not quite back to normal yet?

Oh so it is......thanks. I had just manually uploaded my little tootle anyway but good to know.

Hmmm, in saying that I just synced my Fenix for my steps, sleep, etc and it's not showing on the site. Maybe not quite back to normal yet?

Uploaded from my Edge200 ok but yes, maybe not quite back to normal yet.

DSK

Garmin Connect is not up for me.

I signed up for a free Strava Account and uploaded what history there was on my Garmin. Nice to see that other people seem to have sectors and times, but, on one of the climbs, a few people posted up times that baffled me as, I'd struggle to do that time in a motor vehicle, let alone a cycle and a time, that I'd probably manage going all out, full aero, down the hill. Some of the times look very suspicious for pure pedal power.

Mo1959

Legendary Member

I signed up for a free Strava Account and uploaded what history there was on my Garmin. Nice to see that other people seem to have sectors and times, but, on one of the climbs, a few people posted up times that baffled me as, I'd struggle to do that time in a motor vehicle, let alone a cycle and a time, that I'd probably manage going all out, full aero, down the hill. Some of the times look very suspicious for pure pedal power.
Sadly there's more and more e-bike users who persist in logging as normal bikes. There's a local lady here who I know sold her road bike, bought an e-bike which is now her only bike and keeps logging as normal. I've flagged her several times, but she's now told Strava that she no longer has an e-bike which is a blatant lie, so not sure what can be done about it. Suppose we just rely on people being honest but it's sadly not always the case.

C R

Guru

That's a common problem, there's a local segment up a hill where the speed of the fastest rider is 55mph :wacko:

Reactions: DSK

Mo1959

Legendary Member
That's a common problem, there's a local segment up a hill where the speed of the fastest rider is 55mph :wacko:
You don't mind a genuine mistake where someone has jumped in the car and forgot to switch their computer off, but the obvious cheats are becoming a bit annoying. I know the segments are only a bit of fun, but if you are paying a subscription to Strava because you enjoy seeing how your efforts compare with others in the same age group, etc it totally makes a mockery of it.

DSK

Thank god for that as I spent all weekend thinking how the hell do I get into the top 10 without placing the garmin in the car and breaking the speed limits :laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My unit transferred my rides to Garmin Connect this morning. Still can't access Garmin Connect though.

I'd already manually uploaded them to Strava so can't tell if that bit is working or not.

Top Bottom