garmin edge 500 upload problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigkev61

having just invested in a brand new garmin edge 500 , all set up and went out on quite a few long rides , downloaded all the revelant drivers for the garmin onto my pc , but every time i try to upload ride data through garmin connect , i keep getting the message on my pc type error "style" is null or not an object , help is gratefully appreciated , many thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's Odd - try Garmin support pages/forum. Do you have the Garmin Communicator plug-in for firefox/internet explorer ?

The only things I ever get is that the communicator plug-in sometimes doesn't detect the units (got a 705 and a 200). Unplug it and re-connect and restart firefox usually works.

Can you upload to the Training Centre Program - i.e. the one that you get from Garmin - non web based.

Garz

Squat Member
Can you upload to the Training Centre Program - i.e. the one that you get from Garmin - non web based.

I would try fossy's suggestion first but have used my 500 for two years now and never come across that error. :sad:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If all else fails, or as a stop gap, just use it like a generic USB device, access the device from "My Computer£ or the Mac or Linux equivalent, copy off the data, then manually import the data to Garmin Training Centre or upload to Garmin Connect from your pc.

doctornige

I think I can help. My Mac was doing exactly the same until I realised that I had to wait a while for the Edge 500 to be recognised as a disk. It can take up to half a minute. The Garmin Communicator software won't see the Edge until the computer has mounted it as a disk.

Top Bottom