Garmin Edge 705 / 800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrbez

Hi guys,

There is a £70 difference between the 800 and the 705.

I have been looking at the 705 as i could now afford it.

Question is, would it be worth the extra £70 for the 800?

I assume both will take osm maps?

Thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Moved to the Bikes and Accessories forum by the admin team.

PK99

Legendary Member
Hi guys,

There is a £70 difference between the 800 and the 705.

I have been looking at the 705 as i could now afford it.

Question is, would it be worth the extra £70 for the 800?

I assume both will take osm maps?

Thanks.

stump up the extra for the 800 people i know who have used both MUCH prefer the 800. I've only had the 800 but he 705 looks antediluvian in comparison

Both are good, but the touch screen and OS maps give the 800 the Edge advantage.

Menus are also much easier to use. Mainly because the small joystick is difficult to use with gloves as it overshoots the options.

Gary E

Veteran
I have the 705 but a few problems with it are starting to make me think I should have gone for the 800. If I buy the 800 am I right in assuming that it'll work with the cadence sensors and heart rate strap that I've already bought for my 705? Also can I simply take the Garmin City Navigator map card out of my 705 and put it in the 800? (think it's a Micro-SD).

Gary E

Veteran
....and just in case I have a moment of weakness, where's the cheapest place to get one?? ^_^
Oh, one last thing - I've seen different colours, I want to make sure I get the one with the blue stripe on the side and the carbon effect (not that I'm in any way worried about that sort of thing).

Gary E

Veteran
OK I had that moment. Ordered the Edge 800 bundle on Amazon yesterday.

I knew reading all the posts on this forum would end badly :laugh:

Top Bottom