Garmin Edge 800 User Guide (With Fancy Pics)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GravityFighter

Über Member
Right, I've just acquired one of these Garmin 800's and I want to download a couple of routes I've planned from Strava. How do I do it?

Tried last night by dragging & dropping and saving both the .gpx and .tcf files in the "Garmin" and "Courses" folders on the device drive on my PC, but when I try to find them on the Garmin (in Courses) they aren't there.

Do I need to save them somewhere else or do something different?

Cheers!

P.S. I'm not a Premium Strava user, but presume that's not an issue?

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Files go in the Newfiles folder, then unplug and allow it to boot

vickster

Legendary Member
Need to copy and paste the gpx/tcx files into Garmin_New files (NOT courses)
Are you properly disconnecting the garmin from the PC?
You can't have the same TCX and GPX route with the same file name, need different ones

Cross posted...

Celticdog

Never had computers when I was a kid, all we had was self abuse!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
So I did a ride and the Data is in History/Activities. I connect to Garmin Connect on the web and I get the data and the map onto the system - I can view the data and the map on the web site. But on the History/Activities menu I can select the ride and I only get the data for speed/distance etc on the Garmin itself. No option to view the route on the map on the device? Is it possible to view a ridden route on the map on the device once it's been stored to History/Activities without needing to upload to the web? (My old Oregon 400 does it fine and easily.)
Garmin Edge 800 question.

Top Bottom