Garmin Edge 800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
http://gbr.garmin.co...00/edge800.html

Looks nice, 2.6 inch touchscreen too.

Now that has just jumped straight to the top of my 'wanted' list :tongue:

Ben M

If the base model is coming in at ~£449 do we expect that the price of the 705 will be reduced?

Good news for me, as I am looking for a second hand 605/705 :smile:

Now that has just jumped straight to the top of my 'wanted' list :tongue:

May I help you lighten your wallet sir
icon_smile_tongue.gif

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/garmin-edge-800-first-ride-review-27494

Garmin knowing I have a 705 have just emailed telling me why I need to buy this one !

yello

I do like the look of it, oh yes indeed. It seems like I can use my 305 heart strap and cadence sensors too, so that could mean I only have to buy the unit itself rather than the more expensive 'performance' bundle. Looks like the Ant+ allows you to connect up to a set of scales too, so the 800 can record your weight and body fat % too. How cool is that! ;) I'd want to explore map options too. I am a little concerned about the 1yr warranty though. For kit that expensive, I'd like to see more than that.

I'm on my 2nd 305, the 1st one stopped acquiring satellites after 18 months and was replaced under the 'out of warranty refurb' scheme. Okay, it's cool Garmin offer that service but it doesn't make me feel confident that my £450 bit of kit wont want replacing within a couple of years.... but I guess that's a risk you take with every purchase!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Argh...........only had my 705 nine months......

jayonabike