Garmin Edge 800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dongo

Regular
Ooh, just been given a Garmin Edge 800 by my very generous wife for me birthday.

Went out this morning, very pleased, better than the 705 in several happy little ways.

- Bigger, clearer screen
- Touch screen easier to use than all the little buttons
- Better routing information on courses, earlier warning and clearer instructions
- Better mount
- Reminds me to turn it on when I move off leaving it paused

Using it with OSM maps (like my 705) and glad I didn't pay for any others.

Moss

Sounds like the business! Happy Birthday! Do you have an idea of the cost£??? and would they be suitable for reading without using a pair of reading specs? I use specs for reading only; and could not possibly use them while riding, only need them for reading.

OP
OP
D

dongo

Regular
It is the business, a bit extravagant I suppose but then I wasn't paying
thumbsup.png

I think they're about £270 if you just buy the unit, more for maps, HRM strap or cadence sensor none of which I needed (I use free OSM maps and already had the other two items).

The text is clear and you can reduce the number of fields to make each one bigger, I have ten fields showing and find it very readable (but I don't wear glasses).

PK99

Legendary Member
Sounds like the business! Happy Birthday! Do you have an idea of the cost£??? and would they be suitable for reading without using a pair of reading specs? I use specs for reading only; and could not possibly use them while riding, only need them for reading.

I use specs for reading - i need to take a pair on a ride to read the pub menu at lunchtime otherwise i would be ordering at random! - but have no problem reading the display on my "800" without specs

Top Bottom