Garmin Edge not Uploading Rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Does anyone else have problems at the moment uploading their rides wirelessly (via BT or WiFi) to Garmin Connect from their Edge device?

I've just updated the software to version 8.00 in my Edge 1000 and I'm currently having to connect the device to the computer and synch via USB in order to upload my rides. Unfortunately wireless ride uploads no-longer seem to be working.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Does anyone else have problems at the moment uploading their rides wirelessly (via BT or WiFi) to Garmin Connect from their Edge device?

I've just updated the software to version 8.00 in my Edge 1000 and I'm currently having to connect the device to the computer and synch via USB in order to upload my rides. Unfortunately wireless ride uploads no-longer seem to be working.
Mine was all good today with the 510

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Mine has been playing up for a while. I now have to open Garmin Connect on my phone each time I want to connect. Previously, it just worked.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Same here - uploaded form my 520 via the iPad at around 19:00. It has played silly buggers said in the past though for no obvious reason.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Same here - uploaded form my 520 via the iPad at around 19:00. It has played silly buggers said in the past though for no obvious reason.
I cant get mine to upload through bluetooth and ipad

Hyslop

Veteran
Mine(500)does as it pleases,currently,all going well,but I'm rapidly losing faith in Garmin,frankly,its always seemed a bit temperamental

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

@User, did your update happen via WiFi directly? Or Bluetooth on your smartphone?

There's something strange with my smartphone configuration.

If I open up the Connect App on my Android phone to check that the device is connected, then I notice that it is connected but that it's continually Synching without ever making any progress.

If however I connect my device to the Connect site via my computer (using the USB lead) then there's nothing to sync.

Anyway, let's see if I get anywhere on the Garmin forum.

U

User33236

I had no issue uploading from my 1000 via bluetooth on my iPhone whilst sitting in the car after my ride yesterday.

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

It seems my issue is specific to BT uploads since my Edge 1000 will upload rides via WiFi directly if I switch BT off on my phone. Now I think about it, these problems started round about the same time the Android Connect App upgraded to the latest version on my phone.

Last edited:

toffee

Guru
I have an 810. I get this very now and then with my phone which is a Samsung s4, I just leave them to go through the syncing thing and then it just works next time.

Derek

toffee

Guru

Despite me saying up thread that mine sorts itself out by just leaving it, Mrs T, who also has a Edge 810 now has this problem.

They started when she upgraded her phone from a iPhone 5c to a iPhone 6s.

Now it will not update via Bluetooth, it pairs with the iPhone but the software connect app wont talk to the Garmin.

It also wont now sync with the Garmin connect website via Express.

The only way to update her rides at the moment is to use the file import in Connect.

Anyone else got the problem?

Derek

Tiny01

Darren on Bkool
My edge 1000 playing up now as well , always used to connect to my wi fi at home as soon as I was in range & post the ride on garmin connect / Strava now it won't upload automatically & I have to plug the lead in & upload via the USB port

Any ideas anyone , my software is all updated

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just a pointer.

Garmin used to always bugger up the devices with firmware updates. Don't ever get the latest update until you've checked out the forum.

I guess that's not changed. Garmin nearly killed the 705 with one update, so bad, everyone was told to downgrade. It lost connection in trees (never did that before) and didn't use the GSC10 sensor when that happened, so chunks of rides and data missing. They eventually sorted it.

Top Bottom